Joseph Sikora, Director of Security: 860-695-8871 Email:
The Hartford Public School Security Department is part of the Hartford Public School Operations area. The mission of the Hartford Public School Security Department is to provide a safe and healthy learning environment for students, staff and visitors. The Security Department is responsible for the development and implementation of Emergency Response Plans, as well as the development and training of our School Safety Officers.
The Security Department assists in the supervision and daily operation of our School Safety Officers. The department will respond to significant security-related incidents with leadership and direction to ensure effective and appropriate response by Hartford Public Schools personnel.
The Security Department works in conjunction with the Hartford Public Schools Buildings and Grounds Department to provide effective intrusion detection, access control, and surveillance systems to the district's schools and facilities. The department acts as the liaison between the school system and the Hartford Police and Fire departments. The Security Department works cooperatively with each department to ensure a coordinated and effective emergency response protocol is in place and ready to be implemented at all schools or facilities.
• Develop and implement emergency response procedures for the district
• Conduct safety and security training for School Safety Officers and Hartford Public Schools staff
• Work with the Hartford Police and Fire Departments to insure a coordinated and effective emergency response in the event an incident occurs at our schools or facilities
• Provide leadership and direction at significant security related incidents that occur in Hartford Public Schools and facilities
• Assist in the selection, installation, and maintenance of security related technology at Hartford Public Schools and facilities
All other contacts
Thomas Pentalow, Security Supervisor