- HPS District Choice Application: www.hpschoice.com
- RSCO Application: www.choiceeducation.org
- All parents or legal guardians of a student can apply.
- Hartford Resident families can complete both the Hartford District Choice Lottery and the Regional School Choice (RSCO) Lottery applications.
Non-Resident families who wish to access Hartford Public School Magnet and Open Choice options apply only through the RSCO application.
- All students can apply, but students in the transitional grades MUST apply.
- Transitional grades are Prekindergarten, Kindergarten and Eight Grade –entry or last/final grade of the current school. Seat availability is greater in the transitional grades.
- Non-transitional grades are all other grades (1st-7th) where a change is not required but a family may choose to apply to access a new school theme or opportunity. Seat availability is more limited in the non-transitional grades.
Remember: that if you submit an application and the student is held back in their current grade at the end of the year, then the student remains at their current school.
The school selection process may seem a bit overwhelming. But, it’s easy if you watch this video and follow these few simple steps!
No need to write it all down, the steps are also listed below.