News Alert: School Bus stop changes will not be permitted within the first three weeks of the start of the new school year. All requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis and must be submitted via email to or by webform.
The Board of Education Transportation office is the liaison between schools, parents and the bus companies, which are contracted to provide bus service for our children attending public, private and parochial schools within the City of Hartford. This office is responsible for providing and overseeing the safe transportation of almost 12,000 students on school buses, mini school buses, and school transportation vehicles within the City of Hartford and schools and facilities outside of the City. We work diligently to make sure that transportation services are efficient and cost effective for Hartford families.
Hartford Public Schools follows the guidelines of the Connecticut State Department of Education, which requires transportation be provided to any school age resident attending a Hartford public, private or parochial school who resides an unreasonable distance from school.
We are committed to making transportation services efficient and cost effective for Hartford families. To focus resources where they are needed most, students living near to their schools may not be eligible for busing.
GUIDELINES TO QUALIFY FOR TRANSPORTATION:
Student lives 0.5 miles or more from enrolled school
Student lives 1.0 miles or more from enrolled school
Student lives 1.5 miles or more from enrolled school
Student lives 2.0 miles or more from enrolled school
Transportation will not be provided for elementary students placed in schools outside their home zone, except for these schools:
· Achievement First located in Zone 1 will provide transportation to Zones 1 & 2
· Global Communications Academy located in Zone 2 will provide transportation to students in all 4 zones transportation
TRANSPORTATION CONTACT INFORMATION
HPS School Transportation Hotline:
To contact the Transportation Department via webform, please use the following link and select "Transportation" in the Department/Subject drop-down menu.
Webform: Contact Us
HPS School Transportation Email:
Our transportation service providers are:
· DATTCO: for district/neighborhood schools and in-city magnet schools (860) 724-7350
· LOGISTICARE: for Special Needs students (860) 549-0624
HELPFUL TRANSPORTATION LINKS
ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFORMATION
HARTFORD PUBLIC SCHOOLS WELCOME CENTER: (860) 695-8400
- For general information about Hartford Public Schools.
SUBURBAN MAGNET SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION - CREC: (860) 524-4077
- For information regarding Suburban Magnet school transportation for Hartford resident Students who attend Open Choice schools in suburban towns, or for students who reside in suburban towns and attend Open Choice schools in Hartford, please contact the Capitol Region Education Council Transportation Office.
REGIONAL SCHOOL CHOICE OFFICE: (860) 757-6188
- Office of School Choice and the Hartford District Choice Lottery
SPECIAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT: (860) 695-8600
- For additions, cancelations, or changes to transportation for Special Education students.
TEMPORARY MEDICAL NEEDS FOR STUDENTS/504 PROGRAM: (860) 695-8797
- For additions, cancelations, or changes to transportation for students with temporary medical needs.
HOMELESS AND SHELTERED STUDENT TRANSPORTATION NEEDS/603 PROGRAM: (860) 695-8554
- For additions, cancelations, or changes to transportation for students who are homeless or sheltered.