Bulkeley High School – Teacher Preparation and Humanities Academies
Teacher Prep (Grades 9-12): The purpose of the Teacher Prep Studies program is to attract, recruit and train students who have an interest in the field of education. Our goal is to provide students with a rigorous curriculum and field experiences along with meaningful, creative, hands-on learning activities.
Humanities (Grades 9-12): The Humanities Studies Program at Bulkeley High School focuses on the study of the human condition through reasoning as well as a variety of creative modes of expression. These modes may include writing, film making, and theatrics. Humanities Studies Program develops students intellectually, culturally, and creatively through historical lenses. Our curriculum integrates a variety of multicultural influences into instruction. Field trips to humanities-related venues will be available. Internships will also be available to those who qualify.
• Third Grade Promise -100 juniors read 1,200 books to area Pre-K - third grade students.
• The Bulkeley High School Marching Band is highly respected and often invited to perform in local parades and grand openings.
• Awarded $20,000 from the “Go Green Award” from CL&P.
• Our student population is diverse, with 23 languages spoken.
• We offer numerous opportunities for students to receive college credits starting in their junior year.
• Throughout the year, we collaborate with area colleges and universities.
• Bulkeley High School is a PBIS school- "Responsible, Respectable, Safe and Involved."
• Students have the opportunity to participate in The City Slickers Equestrian Program.
We offer the following sports for boys and girls:
• Indoor track
• Cross country
Early College Experience Courses:
• Human Development and Family Studies
• Political Science
• International Studies
Advanced Placement Courses:
• Environmental Science
• United States History
• English Language
• English Literature
• Spanish Language and Literature
Grades 9-10: khaki pants, maroon polo shirts.
Grades 11-12: black blazer with school logo, khaki pants, white shirt, burgundy tie, and black shoes