L.W. Batchelder Elementary
Batchelder Elementary School is a community school with a diverse Pre-K-8 student population. The mission of Batchelder School is to create a community of active learners, where we all interact collaboratively with parents and community organizations to develop and implement educational programs ensuring academic and social excellence for all.
At Batchelder School we:
• Believe that all children can learn.
• Nurture the unique heart, mind, and body of each child by using a variety of teaching methods and instructional strategies that address different learning styles.
• Encourage students to strive to their fullest potential by meeting the challenging academic standards in every content area through authentic learning experiences that address and solve real problems.
• Create a teaching and learning environment in which all staff continually receive opportunities to upgrade skills and to reflect and assess effective teaching practices.
• Foster a process of learning and growth, which students will continue throughout high school and their lives.
Grades Served : PK4 - 8
Type : Elementary
Zone : Zone 3
Lottery : Zone, Choice
Before Care : N/A
After School Programs : After School Program - OPMAD
Special Features and Highlights
• Junior Achievement
• M squared M cubed after school program
• Storytellers Club
• Poetry Club
• Year Book Club
• Middle school sports: Boys Soccer, Girls Volleyball, Boys and Girls Basketball
• We are a Pre-K-8 School that fosters a sense of community.
• Our 8th Grade students have the opportunity to visit a college campus in order to visualize their ultimate goal of attending college.
Monday – Friday, 8:15am – 3:25pm
Grades Pre-K-5: hunter green polo shirt, khaki pants
Grades 6-8: navy blue polo shirt, khaki pants
Our uniform creates a sense of belonging among our students as well as encourages them to dress in appropriate attire.
757 New Britain Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106