8th Annual Green Apple Day of Service at Hartford Public High School
More than 90 volunteers from HPHS and corporate sponsor UTAS cleaned up and beautified 3 neighborhoods and their school grounds in the 8th Annual Green Apple Day of Service at Hartford Public High School on Saturday, September 29th, 2018.
They accomplished the following:
- 3 neighborhoods including the school grounds were cleaned up.
- 10 yards of mulch was spread around trees and landscaping beds.
- Weeds were pulled in the landscaping beds.
- A tree was planted and dedicated.
- A new bench was installed so students can sit under the big tree.
- 200 bulbs were planted. 12 chrysanthemums were planted.
- 12 transportation boxes for the Power for Puerto Rico project were built to send solar units to the island.
Thank you so much to all of the students, partners, and staff who participated. Staff members included Principal Brooks, Assistant Principal Rivera, Yili Fatbardha, Erin Massey, Coleman Long, Orson Larose, Ron Linker, and Karen Poon.
For more information, please contact:
Science and Engineering Teacher, FIRST Robotics Mentor, Green Team Mentor, Nepal Project Lead
Academy of Engineering and Green Technology