Attn: Middle & High School Girls! Girls For Technology Presents Saturday Math & Science Academy “Like A Boss” Workshop 1/21/17
Girls For Technology’s Saturday Math and Science Academy is an enrichment program that educates and motivates youth via a pre-college, out of school, hands on STEM-Themed experiential learning. Youth, parents, educators, and STEM professionals participate in full day programming workshops that inspire and encourage a young girl’s interest in STEM disciplines. Lunch and light snack is included. Register via EVENTBRITE: http://bit.ly/2eaal9z
The program is free for girls from Milner School & Martin Luther King Jr. School who are involved in the after school program.
This workshop will take place January 21st at Capital Community College 10:00a-3:30p.
This event is for Middle & High school girls.
Cost is $10 for the day.*
*Free for girls from Milner & MLK who are involved in the after school program.
Lunch and light snack are included.
Register via EVENTBRITE: http://bit.ly/2eaal9z
These series of workshops were designed to help in the following ways:
– Improve attitudes towards STEM fields
– Introduce girls to innovative employable skills which are key for securing jobs in today’s marketplace
– Introduce girls to business and leadership skills that are needed to startup their own business
- Business Planning
- Web Development
- Public Speaking
- and so much more…..
– Introduce girls to an innovative learning experience
– Introduce girls to coping mechanisms of stress
– Having experts from the field facilitate workshops, and have the opportunity to interact with business leaders
– Introduce girls to life skills
Volunteers Still Needed! Want to make a difference in a girls life?
We are always in need of volunteers those who have both technical and non-technical skills.
Click Here and fill out our Volunteer Form and someone will be in contact with you shortly.
Attached is an event flyer for you to view and share.
For more information, please contact:
Andrea Greene, STEM Curriculum Specialist, HPS Office of Academics