Capital Preparatory Magnet School’s 4th Annual Social Justice Conference
Your are invited to attend Capital Preparatory Magnet School’s 4th Annual Social Justice Conference on Saturday, May 18, 2019 from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM at the Sheff Center, 1304 Main Street, Hartford, CT
A light breakfast will be served.
The conference theme this year is “Social Justice is a Universal Language” as we promote social justice conversations that affect our children, families, and neighbors in the Greater Hartford area.
SJC Poster 2019 FINAL
The Capital Prep Social Justice Conference serves three main purposes:
• To showcase exemplary student capstone social justice projects and provide an informed audience as our seniors compete for the honor of “distinction,”
• To provide an opportunity for local advocacy groups to interact with/educate our community, and
• To serve as a platform for local social justice advocates to share their stories.
- Keynote Speaker Vanessa Dorantes, Commissioner of Connecticut Department of Children and Families
- Senior Social Justice Project showcase of distinction – students will share their social justice journeys
- Social Justice prevention and artwork
- Community Partners Information Tables
- Voter registration
- Raffles, and more!
Brittany Halleck, Capital Preparatory Magnet School, 6th Grade Math Teacher
Social Justice Capstone Mentor, Academic Advisor