Inside Hartford Public Schools high schools, a growing number of students are getting exposure to career opportunities in Connecticut thanks to CBIA affiliate ReadyCT and its corporate partners. Local businesses and ReadyCT have been involved with programming in the Hartford Public Schools for several years, and the programs are exploding now as more and more companies invest.
By connecting the classroom to the business world, students can learn in dynamic ways that position them for success. On the industry side, this helps to develop a Connecticut-grown workforce deep in skill, talent and diversity.
Pathways across the district for the 2022-2023 school year include:
- Engineering and Green Technology at Hartford Public High School, powered by Raytheon Technologies
- Allied Health at Hartford Public High School, sponsored by Hartford HealthCare
- Leadership and Public Service at Bulkeley High School, funded through Hartford Public Schools
- Computer Science at Bulkeley High School, funded through Hartford Public Schools
- Insurance and Finance at Weaver High School, sponsored by Travelers
- Information Technology at Pathways Academy, sponsored by Travelers
- Journalism and Media at Weaver High School, funded by Hartford Public Schools
NAF Academies at HPS
NAF’s educational design is focused on making connections between the classroom and the workplace by integrating career-focused curricula and projects into the traditional high school experience, coupled with opportunities for real-world application. Through a series of coursework, together with a progressive continuum of activities designed to build awareness, enable exploration, and finally prepare students for future studies and career paths. NAF students gain the skill and knowledge needed to make informed choices and be successful in their future careers.
Pathways Academy of Technology & Design, Academy of Information Technology earned the 2021 earn Katherine Blasik Distinguished level – NAF’s highest level of achievement.
CAREER PATHWAYS IN THE NEWS
Hartford Public Schools Honor Career Pathway Success
Hartford Public High School Students Explore Career-based Academic Pathways in their School
Hartford Public Schools Career Pathway Program Prepared Alumnus for Successful Career
ReadyCT Helps our High School Students Prepare for Careers
Internship Program Helps Shape Careers
For more information about Career Pathways at HPS, please contact:
Dr. Chaka Felder-McEntire, HPS Executive Director of Post-Secondary Success & Alternative Programming
Shannon Marimón, ReadyCT: