The Hartford Public Schools is pleased to offer relocation incentives for City of Hartford employees who live in Hartford, including homeownership incentives for Hartford teachers who reside in the city. To learn more about Hartford living and what residencies are available to rent or buy, please visit:
Frequently Asked Questions
HPS accepts all applications via our on-line employment application system, Applitrack, only. To use Applitrack, you will begin by creating a user account with a unique Login ID and password. You will use this information to access your application after it has been submitted.
Courses shall be eligible for reimbursement only during the school year in which the employee took the course(s). Employees must submit any course reimbursement within three (3) months of receipt of the final grade, or the claim for reimbursement shall be denied.
All employees must complete and sign the attached Course Reimbursement Form when requesting tuition reimbursement, along with the following:
- Transcript(s), grade report, or CEU certificate (does not have to be official transcript)
- Fee receipt from university/provider – must indicate tuition separate from fees
- Proof of payment – may be fee receipt stamped “paid” and have a zero balance due, both sides of cancelled check, or credit card statement
Tuition reimbursement is processed monthly. Upon submittal of all required documents, you should receive your reimbursement within 30 days.
Any questions should be directed to Janet Assard email@example.com or (860) 695-8687.
- Completion of the Teacher Salary Upgrade Form
- Official transcript from an accredited university showing the conferral of the degree for a Masters or Ph.D. (for degree lane) or the credit for new graduate credits since the last upgrade (for a non-degree lane).
All requests for upgrade should be submitted to Natasha Durrant, Director of Staffing in the Office of Talent Management (firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-695-8618).
A new enrollee may be added by completing the Anthem Enrollment and Membership Change Form (attached) and sending the form to:
- Elaine Bonfiglio, Benefits Specialist
Office of Talent Management
Hartford Public Schools
960 Main Street, 9th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
Should you have questions regarding insurance benefits, please contact Elaine Bonfiglio at email@example.com or (860) 695-8609.