Whether you already work or you want to, the Office of Talent Management for the Hartford Public Schools is here to assist you. From employment opportunities to professional development, we can aid in starting your new career with us or in advancing it to meet your own goals.
The AF Hartford Academy is a school modeled after the highly-successful Achievement First Academy in New Haven. The school will provide a rigorous academic environment in which all students can achieve excellence. Hartford students will gain the critical skills and knowledge to excel in high school, college, and the competitive world beyond. The AF Hartford Academy will foster positive character development and students will develop sophisticated social skills, a commitment to honorable values, and a commitment to responsible citizenship.
Special Features and Highlights
• Rigorous college preparatory curriculum
• Extended periods for Math and English
• Strong service learning component
• Emphasis on leadership and excellence
• After-school opportunities
• Active parent involvement is required as defined by the School Compact
• Recognized in the Hartford Courant, the Connecticut Post and Connecticut Magazine
• NewSchools Venture Fund grant recipient
• Yale School of Management case study
• Aspen Institute Education & Society program
School uniform required, will be discussed with parents at registration