Whether you already work or you want to, the Office of Talent Management for the Hartford Public Schools is here to assist you. From employment opportunities to professional development, we can aid in starting your new career with us or in advancing it to meet your own goals.
• Small class size (22)
• Multi-age classrooms (Pre-K3/4, K/1, 2/3, 4/5 etc…)
• Interdisciplinary teaching
• STEP parenting training
• Weekly community meetings
• BRICK awards
• Teacher of the month
• Parent of the month
• Service learning projects
• Community service projects
• Partnerships with Hands on Hartford, The Bushnell, Hartford Garden Advisory
• Multicultural Arts Summer Program
• Strong character education philosophy
• Multi-age classrooms
Parents Say : “It’s a nice school because everyone knows your name, teachers are friendly and students care about each other. You can really see the character education when students do community service projects and give back to their community.”
Teachers Say : “I just love coming to our school every day! Our students are so respectful. It is a warm and friendly environment to work!”
7:00 am-8:40 am on-site at the school by the YMCA for a fee
Provided by the YMCA on-site at the school for a fee.
12:40-6:00 pm - PreK 3
3:50-6:00 pm - grades PreK4-5
Students at Breakthrough Magnet School-North wear a cobalt blue polo shirt with our school logo.
Bottoms are khaki (pants, skirts, shorts)
Special clothes for a special school!