Be Part of Something Special
Hartford Public Schools (Hartford, Connecticut) is hiring teachers from the Caribbean Islands. Participants of the Caribbean Connection Teacher Program will fill vacant positions for 2023-2024 in the following content areas: Elementary, English, Mathematics, Science, Music, and Art.
Appropriate Connecticut teacher certification is required. HPS is working with the Connecticut State Department of Education to review candidate materials to determine each candidate’s pathway to certification. Candidates must provide evaluated transcripts with their online applications.
Applicants must complete a Hartford Public Schools’ online application and upload all requested documents.
Applications for the 2023-2024 school year are closed.
Expedited Timeline: Candidate applications will be screened on a rolling basis until February 1st. Candidates who advance through the initial screening will be invited to an in-person interview in Jamaica (dates and locations to be determined).
Why Should You Choose Hartford Public Schools Caribbean Connection?
Hartford Public Schools is hiring excellent candidates and wants to provide the best professional experience for you. We have put together a comprehensive package of benefits and incentives, including:
- Competitive salary
- Life insurance
- Residency differential for teachers who reside in Hartford (3% of base salary)
- Sign-on incentive of $5,000.00
- One-time relocation to Connecticut stipend of $2,000.00
- Up to $4,000.00 to secure housing only in the City of Hartford.
- Job-embedded professional learning and beginning teacher support
- School-based mentor
- Assistance with CT certification requirements
- Laptop for each teacher
- Opportunity to assist in future recruitment efforts and become a Caribbean Connection Recruitment Program ambassador and mentor for new teachers.
- Rich health care plan (dental & vision)