Choice Corner March 2014
My Lottery Application Was Submitted – What Happens Next?
Watch for your notification in April: Both the Hartford District Choice and the Regional School Choice Offices (RSCO) will begin to notify families of placements in April. Families will be notified through email, telephone and U.S. Mail. You will be able to accept your child’s placement on-line, so be sure to have your log-in and password available.
Accept, Accept, Accept: When you receive notification, accept your placement! If you applied on-line, you can log-in and accept on-line:
· To accept a Hartford District Choice Placement, visit www.hpschoice.com
· To accept a RSCO Placement, visit www.choiceeducation.org
Remember: If you forgot your login or password, you can visit the site and follow the instructions to recover them.
Register Your Child: Finally, register your child at his or her new school. If your child receives placement through:
· the Hartford District Choice Office – accept your placement by the date on your notification and register your child at his or her new school by May 30, 2014
· the RSCO – accept your placement and register your child within 2 weeks of notification
If your acceptance and registration are not received by the due date, the seat may be offered to another student.
Need Support Services or New to the District? There are many support services in place in Hartford to assist you with these processes.
· Review your Future Guide for information about registration and a list of where you can schedule a physical NOW!
· If you are new to the Hartford School District please call the Choice Office at 860-695-8876 to schedule an appointment.
· If your child is in a transitional grade – entering Kindergarten or 9th grade in the 2014 – 2015 school year – please call the Choice Office at 860-695-8876 to schedule an appointment.