The CCR Department is dedicated to ensuring all Hartford Public School students have equitable access to high-quality college and career opportunities that will prepare them for the dynamic world of work and life beyond high school! It is our mission to inspire ALL students to create their own path towards success in and beyond school.
In relation to the District’s Model for Excellence, the College & Career Readiness Department Goals are to:
- Increase graduation rates
- Decrease Chronic Absenteeism
- Increase student perceptions of feeling safe & valued
Much of our work is done with 6th-12th grade students through the Student Success Plan (SSP) using a tool called Naviance.
College Readiness Initiatives currently underway include:
- All students in grades 6-12 have access to Naviance as an electronic Student Success Plan and a college & career readiness tool.
- Offering the PSAT, free of charge, to all Sophomores and Juniors during the school day
- Offering the SAT, free of charge, to all Juniors during the school day
- Increasing opportunities for students to take college courses while in high school
- Increasing college and career exploration for all students through college visits, career fairs, internships, and other meaningful experiences
- Increasing college partnerships to enhance the development of college-level academic skills
- Expanding the development of College and Career Readiness Plans so that each school has a roadmap for creating and sustaining a college-going culture
Other connections that support these goals include:
- The Hartford Promise: a scholarship program that is offered to all eligible Hartford students who maintain certain requirements.
- Khan Academy: students practice at their own pace, first filling in gaps in their understanding and then accelerating their learning to prepare them for the SAT.
- The College Board: an organization that connects students to college success.
- All In! Coalition: an organization working to drive post-secondary success in Hartford students. See below for more information about an initiative we are partnering on.
- ReadyCT: By connecting the classroom to the business world, students can learn in dynamic ways that position them for success.
The Department of College & Career Readiness is made up of the Executive Director of Post-Secondary Success & Alternative Programming and two district lead school counselors. Together the team works to support the School Counselors and College Career Specialists in each of the Hartford Public Schools.
|Fallon Daniels||Executive Director of Post-Secondary Success & Alternative Programming||Fallon.Daniels@hartfordschools.org||860-695-8546|
|TBD||Transition Counselor Specialist||860-695-8707|
|Aneela Shah||Transition Counselor Specialist||KAZMA001@hartfordschools.org||860-695-8887|
|Last Name||First Name||School||Grade Levels||Caseload||Email @hartfordschools.org||Phone|
|Eells||Alyssa||AF STEM (.4), AF Mont. .1||6-8||6-8||EellA001@|
|Keith||Bryant||Bulkeley||9-12||11 & 12 A-L||bryant.keith@||695-1177|
|Bruno||Anthoniel||Bulkeley||9-12||9 & 10||Anthoniel.Bruno||695-1117|
|Levin||Jenny||Bulkeley||9-12||11 & 12||NEW||695-1872|
|Gorss||James||Classical||9-12||10 & 12||GorsJ001@||695-4307|
|Strom-Lindquist||Cheryl||Classical||9-12||9 & 11||CLindquist@||695-1571|
|Giuliano||Sarah||ESM Hooker/Breakthru N||6-8||6-8||Sara.Giuliano@||53746 E / 5780 B|
|Brown||Jennifer||Great Path (GPA)||9-12||10&12||Jennifer.P.Brown@||512-3712|
|Ronzello||Liza||Great Path (GPA)||9-12||9&11||RonzL001@||512-3714|
|Cruz-Reis||Claudia||HMTCA||6-12||9-12 (Mi -Z)||CruzC001@||695-7279|
|Chavez||Lorenzo||HPHS||9-12||10-12 (M-Z) RISE||ChavL001@||695-1331|
|Insel||Ethan||HPHS||9-12||9, HOPE, PP||InseE001@||695-1396|
|Sebastian||Madeline||HPHS||9-12||9, IGOAL, STEP||SebaM002@||695-1485|
|Morneau||Helene||Kennelly / Webster||6-8||6-8||Helene.Morneau@||3915 K / 5392 W|
|Smagin||Jennifer||McDonough||6-8||6 All, 7 O-Z||SmagJ001@||695-7893|
|Ziskind||Rebecca||McDonough||6-8||7 A-N, 8 All||Rebecca.Zoskind@||695-4304|
|Shah||Aneela||Office of Academics||K-12||In general College||KazmaA001@||695-8887|
For more information, please contact our new leader of the department – TBD