Complete Your 2020 Census at HPS Student Meals Sites
Have you submitted your 2020 Census survey yet? It’s important to make sure you’re counted and all residents in Hartford get the representation and resources they need.
During the week of July 20 only, Census representatives will be available at select HPS school sites where meals are distributed to assist families who have not yet submitted their surveys. These representatives will input responses for families on laptops the representatives provide. All safety protocols will be followed and families will not have to touch laptops.
Fun, Educational Tools for Learning about the Census
• Elementary School Parent/Caregiver Toolkit
• 5-Minute Challenge: Toy Makers by State
• Back to School Fun Facts
• SIS Elementary School Map: Understanding the U.S. Population
• Getting an Accurate Count (video)
• Middle School Parent/Caregiver Toolkit
• SIS Middle School Map: Understanding the U.S. Population
• 5-Minute Challenge: Earnings by Occupation
• 5-Minute Challenge: The Amazing Apportionment Machine
• Virtual Field Trip to the U.S. Census Bureau (video)
• High School Parent/Caregiver Toolkit
• SIS High School Map: Understanding the U.S. Population
• SIS High School Map: Diversity in the United States
• 5-Minute Challenge: Apportionment Map
• What Will You Do After High School? (video)
• Hoja informativa en español sobre niños pequeños
(Counting Young Children Fact Sheet)
• Preguntas frecuentes de contar a los niños pequeños (Counting Young Children FAQ)
• Canción del 2020: “¡Todos cuentan!” (2020 “Everyone Counts!” Song)
• Libro de cuentos y actividades del 2020: “¡Todos cuentan!”
(2020 “Everyone Counts!” Story and Activity Book)
• Volante de preescolar para maestro (Preschool Educator Flyer)
• Volante de preescolar para llevar a casa (Preschool Take-Home Flyer)
Two Census representatives will be at the following school sites in Hartford during morning meal distributions on the following dates:
Monday, July 20
- Sanchez School, 176 Babcock St.
- Wish School, 350 Barbour St.
- SAND School, 1750 Main St.
Wednesday, July 22
- Bellizzi School, 215 South St.
- MD Fox, 470 Maple Ave.
- Classical Magnet, 85 Woodland St.
Friday, July 24
- Hartford Public High School, 55 Forest St.
- Moylan, 101 Catherine St.
- Global Communications, 85 Edwards St.