Facilities Department is responsible for the management and maintenance of all school buildings and facilities for the Hartford Public Schools district. The Department performs and/or manages all repairs, perventive maintenance, custodial services and project planning using skilled in-house staff and/or contracted service providers.
- Claudio Bazzano, Executive Director 860-695-3223 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas Welcome, Assistant Director 860-695-3234 email@example.com
- Scott Kanaitis, Maintenance Manager 860-695-3222 firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Fenton, Custodial Manager 860-695-7316 email@example.com
- Silvestre Pereira, Day Custodial Supervisor 860-695-3238 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Gray, Evening Custodial Supervisor 860-695-3230 email@example.com
- Hope Newton, Organization Supervisor 860-695-3223 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jannette Feliciano, Executive Assistant 860-695-3181 email@example.com
- Waynette, Best, Office Assistant 860-695-3229 firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities Department is located at 388 Wethersfield Avenue, Hartford, CT 06114 Office: 860-695-3224 Fax: 860-722-8362
Information on Enviromental topics visit the following sites:
- Green Cleaning –https://portal.ct.gov/DPH/Environmental-Health/Environmental-Health-Section/Healthy-Environments-in-Connecticut-Schools
- IPM (Integrated Pest Management)-https://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/pesticides/ipm/pesticide_applications_schools_day_care_centers.pdf
It shall be the policy of the Board of Education to encourage the community use of school building/facility when such use does not conflict with school activities or proper adminstration of school property.
The Facilities Department is in charge of coordinating the rental of school building/facility. Rentals are granted based on the regulations, guidelines, code & policy and approval by Hartford Board of Education.
Please read and be sure that you understand the policies and notices regarding the use of Hartford Public Schools building/facility/grounds.
To obtain permission for rental abide by the following porcedures-
- Contact Facilities Department
- Complete the Application Rental Agreement
- Before an event (request) can be approved by the District for the use of school building/facility/grounds, requesters must submit a current “Certificate of Liability Insurance” to be kept on file in the Facilities office.
Return completed forms to the Facilities Department via Fax: 860-722-8362 or email: Newth001@hartfordschools.org
BOE Policy (upload)
Guideline regarding the use of facilities (upload)
Application Rental Agreement (upload)
Procedures to Use School Facilities https://www.hartfordschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Procedures-to-Use-School-Facilities1.pdf
Note: Filling out the Rental Agreement form does not mean acceptance for rental by Facilities Department. Please refer to Guidelines & Policy for detailed information. All rental request must be approve by Hartford Board of Education.
[Q] When an outside group or organization inquires about using a Hartford Public School facility, who should they contact?
[A] Contact Hope Newton, Organization Supervisor Hartford Public Schools – Facilities Department // Phone: 860-695-3223 and/or email: email@example.com