Dr. Catherine Carbone
Office of Elementary & Middle Grades Education
Chief of Elementary & Middle Grades Education
As the Chief of Elementary and Middle Grades Education for the Hartford School District, Dr. Catherine Carbone is leading the implementation of the district’s equity-centered strategic operating plan. Her responsibilities include supervising, coaching, and mentoring PreK-8 principals; planning and facilitating leadership development on instructional and organizational leadership, and leading a team of Curriculum, Special Education, and English Language Learner Directors, and Support Service personnel to better support school-based improvement efforts.
Dr. Carbone brings over twenty years of experience in public education as a district leader, school principal, and middle grades teacher. Throughout her career she has participated in various district, state, and national committees on educational issues. Dr. Carbone has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology and Education from Assumption College, a Master of Education degree in Intermediate Education and Administrative Certificate from Southern Connecticut State University, and a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from the University of Connecticut.
B.A., Sociology and Education, Assumption College
M.A.Ed., Intermediate Education, Southern Connecticut State University
Ed.D, Educational Leadership, University of Connecticut
Office of Elementary & Middle Grades
The Office of Elementary & Middle Grades is responsible for supporting key strands of work in the district, which include:
- Providing customized, multi-tiered levels of support to PreK-8 school sites with direct guidance, instructional coaching, and leadership development;
- Co-facilitating the Acceleration Agenda turnaround improvement strategy;
- Supporting the implementation of standards-based curriculum and instruction;
- Supporting pilot schools engaged in redesigning special education service delivery models to promote inclusive practices; and
- Launching a focused initiative on middle grades programming.