Our mission at the Asian Studies Academy at Bellizzi School is to provide our students with an intensive, comprehensive education focusing on Chinese Mandarin language and East Asian cultures.
The Asian Studies Academy (ASA) at Bellizzi School is a Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 8 school. The school was redesigned around the school reform initiative of an all-choice system of schools to provide students with the option of studying Chinese Mandarin and East Asian cultures as they prepare for future college and career success.
Special Features and Highlights
• Mandarin Chinese language study for students, teachers and parents
• Curriculum focused on Asian Studies Social Studies
• Asian-themed field trips
• China trip opportunity for students
• Community School
Read more about our China trip!
• ASA is the only public school in Connecticut offers Chinese Mandarin language study from Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 8.
• Students participate in 3 cycles of self-selected enrichment, which reinforces differentiated teaching and meets the needs of the gifted and talented.
What People Are Saying
Students Say : “The teachers and staff are always willing to help and they have taken a real interest in me. In many ways, they have been more like friends than just teachers, and I believe this atmosphere makes us want to work harder and do well in our studies.”
Parents Say :
“I love learning Chinese! I want to make sure I can speak more Chinese than my kids.”
“From the very first moment I enrolled my sons in the Academy, the staff has treated us like a part of their family. Every teacher pays close attention to the individual needs of their students, and they always keep me informed about [my son’s] progress and any concerns they might have before anything becomes a real issue.”
Teachers Say : “I believe that all children are capable of being successful students and are willing to give you as much effort as you give to them. My most important job as a teacher is to help my students develop a love of learning so that they want to work hard and they want to succeed. Regardless of the challenges they may face at home, we never allow students to use these issues as an excuse. We encourage them to rise above it to be the best they can be.”
• Grades Pre-K - 4: Gold polo shirts with our school logo/khaki bottoms
• Grades 5 - 8: Red polo shirts with our school logo/khaki bottoms