While Bulkeley High School at 300 Wethersfield Avenue undergoes renovation, the following are the locations for Bulkeley High School:
Grades 9-10: 585 Wethersfield Avenue Hartford CT 06114 - (860)695-1009
Grades 11-12: 395 Lyme Street, Hartford CT 06112 - (860)695-1011
The Bulkeley High School community believes that all students can become responsible, independent individuals possessing the academic, social, and civic competencies for the 21st century.
Leadership and Public Service Pathway
The purpose of the Leadership and Public Service Pathway is for us to “Grow our own Leaders’’ in the field of Education and Government and Politics. It offers students the access to high-level, theme-focused courses, including:
- Introduction to Public Service Pathway
- Leadership in the Community
- Introduction to Teaching
- Teaching Methods
- American Politics
- International Studies
- “If you Love It Teach It”
Computer Science Pathway
The Computer Science Pathway curriculum covers computer networking, systems, database design, digital production, graphic design, web design, and programming. Bulkeley High School’s Computer Science Pathway engages students by:
- Exploring Computer Science
- Introduction to App Inventor
- Web Design
- Computer Science
- AP Computer Science Principles
- AP Computer Science Applications
Bulkeley High School delivers a student-centered learning experience for a 21st century global community and guides students’ development in personal responsibility, communication skills, critical-thinking, problem-solving and collaboration skills.
Special Features & Highlights
- We have over 90 years of providing rigorous academic, athletic, and social opportunities in a college preparatory setting with a focus on student-centered and personalized learning.
- Leadership and Public Service with dedicated courses for careers in Education and Government and Politics allows students to explore careers in education through coursework, leadership opportunities, community partnerships, and internships.
- We engage students in owning their learning through Student-Led Conferences and a rigorous advisory curriculum, which includes social-emotional learning.
- We offer over 11 Advance Placement classes and Dual Enrollment in college courses, providing students more opportunities than any other high school in the district.
ACCOLADES Bulkeley High School is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and recipient of the Grammy Foundation Award.
CURRICULUM We offer students the opportunity to earn college credits in a variety of disciplines and areas of focus including Science, Math, and the Arts.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES We have an outstanding year-round sports program with athletic offerings including Football, Tennis, Baseball, Softball, Boys & Girls In and Outdoor Track, Boys and Girls soccer, Girls Swimming & Diving, Girls & Boys Volleyball.
TECHNOLOGY BHS has 1:1 state-of-the-art classroom technology for every student, ensuring personalized, student-centered learning, and blended technology.
FRESHMAN ACADEMY Our Freshman Academy is a unique opportunity to connect you with a group of dedicated teachers that will support you through your high school career. The opportunity includes: freshman seminar, exposure to career pathways and individualized academic support.
Did You Know?
- Last year our students won the 1ST, 2ND, and 3RD PLACES in the Arts, and our students were featured in the play Hamilton.
- Our students are offered opportunities for COLLEGE VISITS including a three-day trip to several colleges and universities including Duke University.
- We offer a COMPREHENSIVE HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE, including college prep, career exploration, the arts, music and athletics.
Grades 9-10: khaki pants, maroon polo shirts.
Grades 11-12: black blazer with school logo, khaki pants, white shirt, burgundy tie, and black shoes
• Indoor track
• Cross country
Spanish, 9-12 (Heritage)