Naylor School is a dynamic, diverse learning community. Our students demonstrate civic responsibilities as they become independent, competent, confident users of information and technology. Our students acquire and demonstrate literacy, numeracy, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills as they develop their physical and artistic potential. Our safe, educational environment supports collaboration among community organizations, our staff, teachers, families and district. We are committed to academic excellence and cultivating future leaders.
Naylor school is a PBIS-rich environment focused on positively recognizing students for following the Naylor Knights’ Code of Honor. Our community is grounded in restorative practices that foster active learners and leaders learning how to develop self confidence, respect for themselves, their school and their community. Our approach to educating the whole child aligns to our motto Naylor Knights Lead the Way with How We Act and What We Say.
Special Features & Highlights
- Our commitment is to academic excellence and cultivating future leaders.
- We believe that high expectations apply to all, that children have an innate desire to learn, and that each child is unique.
- We work hard at increasing student achievement though teacher preparation, professional development and collaboration.
- Naylor is a multicultural school community that promotes critical thinking skills and problem-solving strategies as part of the curriculum.
ACCOLADES Our Co-ed Soccer team went undefeated in 2018 and won the tournament. Our students also benefit from enrichment clusters.
CURRICULUM Our curriculum supports the whole child and engages students in rigorous academic classes aligned with Common Core State Standards. Students are provided access to differentiated learning through a Multi Tiered System of Support.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES Naylor offers Co-ed Soccer and Co-ed Basketball.
TECHNOLOGY Students at Naylor have access to 21st Century technology including SMART Boards, Computer Labs, Chromebooks and iPads.
Did You Know?
- Naylor provides high quality instruction through the use of TECHNOLOGY. Students gain critical problem-solving and 21st century skills.
- Naylor also collaborates with LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS such as Girl Scouts of Connecticut, ConnectiKids, and Hartford City Church.
- ARTS INTEGRATION is at the core of student learning. Hartford Performs brings in arts education dedicated to inspiring students’ success through the arts.
Grades PreK - 5, Purple Polo with Logo and Khaki Pants or Skirts.