Dr. Michael D. Fox School
Dr. Michael D. Fox School is a neighborhood school located in a state-of-the-art building in the South End of Hartford. The school focuses on the whole child. Our students are challenged academically, nurtured emotionally, and practice social skills daily. As a school, we provide rigorous academic curricula focused on high achievement. Students engage in collaborative, authentic, and innovative interdisciplinary instruction.
Our students and staff are dedicated, knowledgeable, and willing to grow with the changing, competitive world.
Special Features & Highlights
- Michael D. Fox School is a caring and nurturing environment, built on a commitment to excellence for all students and adults.
- Our school has a state-of-the-art auditorium and school facility.
- We offer after-school programs with The Village for Families and Children, and ConnectiKids.
- We have an active Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) and School Governance Council (SGC).
ACCOLADES At Dr. Michael D. Fox School, we celebrate students’ academic success with school-wide acknowledgment, Student of the Month Ceremonies, Attendance Incentives, FOX R.O.C.K.S. School store, and more.
CURRICULUM At Dr. Michael D. Fox School, we provide an environment that supports the whole child through activities, celebrations, and enrichment opportunities.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES Students are able to participate in various activities including Read to a Child, Ice Cream Socials, Field Day, Hartford Performs and after-school programming.
TECHNOLOGY Classrooms are equipped with 21st century technology, including iPads, SMART Boards and Computer Labs.
Did You Know?
- COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS include The Village for Families and Children, ConnectiKids, KingswoodOxford School, Hartford Performs, Read To A Child, and Big Brothers/ Big Sisters - Grandparents program.
- BILINGUAL EDUCATION is offered for Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grades.
- Our school provides an inclusive educational environment for all students.
The Village for Families offers after-programing for Grades K-5.
Light blue polo shirts with khaki pants/skirts.