Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible. Be the Change you want to see!
• Comprehensive standards based curriculum
• Challenging academic classes
• Small group instruction
• 8th grade algebra class
• LLI Literacy Intervention
• Active parent involvement through PTO & School Governance Council
• Computer Education classes
• Integrated English Language Learners Program
• Before and after school SES Programs
• Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports
• Early Start Summer Program
• Before and after school programs offered through OPMAD & La Casa
Special Features and Highlights
• CT Story Telling Center
• Junior Achievement
• Little Theatre of the Deaf
• Hartford Performs
• Simsbury Farm Initiative
• Science Center Partnership
• Wadsworth Museum Art & Writing Program
• Talcott Mountain Science Center
• Trinity College Tutors
• Nature’s Classroom
• Boys & Girls Clubs – SMART Girls & Passport to Manhood
• City Slickers
• Award winning Drum Line
• Unified Arts Theatre
• Middle School Sports ( Cross Country, Basketball, Baseball)
• University Partners ( UCONN, Trinity, Springfield, SJC )
• CPEP -Young Engineers Program
• Stepping Stone Program
• Boy’s Scouts & Girl’s Scouts
• Young Manufacturers Academy (Connecticut. Dream It. Do It./Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology) https://ctdidi.com/
• Positive, Safe School Climate that the Kennelly staff provides for all students.
• High Academic Achievement Expectations for all students.
• Kennelly challenges students to think critically, and explore possibilities.
What People Are Saying
Students Say : “Kennelly has shown me that even students with limited opportunities outside of school, can and will be successful at this school.”--Grade 8 student
Parents Say : “Kennelly means caring, because the staff is what makes the difference, and the students know it.” --Parent of a kindergartener and 4th grader.
Teachers Say : “Kennelly is a dynamic learning community, with teachers and parents partnering to create a positive, high achieving environment, where differences are valued.”
OPMAD (Organized Parents Make a Difference) and La Casa
School uniform required, and will be shared with parents at registration.