Kennelly School offers a dynamic, comprehensive Pre-kindergarten through Grade 8 curriculum, aligned to state and national standards, and high-quality instruction with flexible, responsive intervention in Literacy, Numeracy, Science and Social Studies. Students also take classes in Art, STEM, Music, and Physical Education. The school offers guidance and instruction around career education, goal setting, high school placement and service learning to students in Grades 5 to 8.
Kennelly School is a PBIS-rich environment focused on positively recognizing students for following the three BEES – being safe, respectful and responsible.
Our motto is, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
Special Features & Highlights
- We have a thriving partnership with the University of Connecticut.
- Kennelly excels at our PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports) program.
- Kennelly has a premier, award-winning drumline and middle school students have access to multiple enrichment activities including Zumba, Fitness Club, and Art Club.
- Our school engages in student recognition activities including weekly PBRs , Student of the Month, behavior referrals, attendance incentives and Golden Bee Buck bashes.
- All students participate in service-learning projects; our students are “the change.”
ACCOLADES Kennelly was awarded the 2016 Richard W. Clark Award for Exemplary Partner School Work by the National Network for Education Renewal.
CURRICULUM Kennelly offers a rigorous curriculum that aligns with the common core, and it is supplemented with blended learning opportunities and academic interventions.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES Kennelly School students can participate in four seasons of sports, drumline, enrichment activities and PBIS recognitions.
TECHNOLOGY Our students have access to state-of-the-art technology. Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students have access to iPads. Grade 1-8 students have access to Chromebooks.
Did You Know?
- We have an AWARD-WINNING DRUMLINE that has received statewide recognition.
- COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS with local colleges and universities, Hartford Performs and Junior Achievement provide our students with enriching experiences.
- We celebrate positive choices through STUDENT OF THE MONTH recognition, positive behavior referrals and attendance incentives.
What People Are Saying
Students Say : “Kennelly has shown me that even students with limited opportunities outside of school, can and will be successful at this school.”--Grade 8 student
Parents Say : “Kennelly means caring, because the staff is what makes the difference, and the students know it.” --Parent of a kindergartener and 4th grader.
Teachers Say : “Kennelly is a dynamic learning community, with teachers and parents partnering to create a positive, high achieving environment, where differences are valued.”
OPMAD (Organized Parents Make a Difference) and La Casa
School uniform required, and will be shared with parents at registration.