Great Path Academy is an inter-district, magnet high school located on the campus of Manchester Community College. As a magnet school, our primary goals are to promote an academically rigorous program and to reduce racial and economic isolation by recruiting a diverse learning community, which draws students from various towns. In addition to celebrating diversity, our magnet school’s curriculum is based on the school model known as “middle college high schools.” Middle college high schools are part of a nationally growing trend to establish high schools on college campuses. The purpose of a middle college high school is to bridge the gap between secondary and post-secondary education by immersing high school students into the college community, as well as to provide access to college coursework. Great Path Academy is committed to providing an innovative learning environment that supports each student to become college-ready. Students will develop the values of self-discipline: to be respectful, to demonstrate effective work habits, to be responsible, and life skills to be safe. These skills will help each student achieve success.
Special Features & Highlights
- Full immersion in the college campus allows for a unique educational and social experience.
- Articulated courses aligned with the college course standards offer additional opportunities to earn college credit within high school classes.
- Emphasis on leadership, community service, and college readiness.
- Comprehensive music, art and theater program.
- State-of-the-art research laboratories.
ACCOLADES 2020 U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools, 2018 Magnet School of Excellence, 2017 U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools, 2016 Magnet School of Distinction, 2014-2015 PBIS Banner School.
CURRICULUM Great Path Academy offers a rigorous academic curriculum. Classes include articulated courses, honors-level courses, and college prep courses.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES Over 15 club options that occur during the day to include all students (i.e., Art Club, Dance/Step, Board Games, Film, Student Council).
TECHNOLOGY Great Path Academy is a 1:1 device school that has state-of-the-art computer Science labs that provide students with various opportunities for innovative projects.
Did You Know?
- Located on the campus of Manchester Community College (MCC), students are provided access to a full range of tuition-free MCC courses, along with articulated high school courses to earn college credit. At Great Path Academy, students are provided with the opportunity to graduate with a high school diploma and Associate Degree from MCC.
- Students participate in internships and service learning opportunities, student-centered art shows and musical performances throughout the school year.
- Summer orientation opportunities with a focus on team building.