The Academy has numerous partnerships with area health care providers for internships and focus groups: Hartford Hospital, St. Francis Hospital, Department of Public Health, Capital Workforce Partners, Catholic Charities, Education Connection, and CT Area Health Education Council.The University of Connecticut and Capital Community College are strong post-secondary partners, providing students with opportunities to visit the schools and participate in health care-related classes. We also offer CPR and first aid certification as part of our Anatomy and Physiology class.
• Recognized by American Red Cross for our successful blood drives
• Recognized by CT AHEC for student participation in their health care-related programs
• The school greenhouse is used to teach students about holistic health and nutrition.
• Students have multiple opportunities to learn from and interact with experienced nurses and other health care providers.
• Students have the opportunity to earn college credit while still attending high school.
“When I first came to the Nursing Academy, I thought all that we did was wear blue scrubs but now I realize all of the health care-related opportunities that are available our school.”
Parents Say :
“I feel that the Nursing Academy is going to get my child into a nursing school.”"This academy is giving my child an excellent background and foundation for nursing.”"Deb Blazys and Principal Chambers have righted the ship and are making things happen for all of our students. I am glad that the two of them are here at HPHS Nursing Academy”.Teachers Say : “It’s a learning community where students and teachers learn to grow, expand and inquire as we pursue a greater knowledge of ourselves and the health care field.”
French, Spanish, 9-12