María C. Colón Sánchez Elementary
Sanchez School is an EL Education Learning themed school. As an EL School, the teachers inspire and empower students to unleash their potential.
Learning at Sanchez is not only fun but active, challenging, meaningful, public and collaborative. Our students engage in Student Led Conferences (SLCs) and are empowered to be leaders of their own learning. Our Community Meetings are open to the school community and highlight student learning and student voice. The Crew Council is a group of students who represent their classmates and are the voice of their class. They help to make decisions about their school community through meetings with the principal.
We follow the PEER Code, which is a collection of character traits that help ensure the success of all students through Perseverance, Enthusiasm, Exploration, and Respect.
Special Features & Highlights
- EL Education offers strong academic instruction as well as character education through Crew Meetings, Crew Council, PEER Code, and Community Meetings.
- Sanchez School offers Bilingual classrooms in grades K-2 and Sheltered Instruction classrooms in grades 3-5.
- Sanchez has a full Health Clinic that includes vision and dental care.
- Sanchez School offers Physical Education, Arts and Music programming.
- Our Community Partnerships include the Hispanic Health Council, Mi Casa, Glastonbury Rotary Club, Verizon, and Southside Institutions Neighborhood Alliance
ACCOLADES Ana Grace Project has partnered with Sanchez to provide Cultural Arts Programming for our students.
CURRICULUM Students engage in rigorous curricula that is student centered and provides opportunities to demonstrate their learning through High Quality Work Products.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES Our Physical Education program includes Bicycling, Bowling, Golfing, Rope Course, Fitness Center, and an Adventure Program.
TECHNOLOGY Technology is incorporated in daily instruction through web-based programming and curricula implementation.
Did You Know?
- EL EDUCATION-THEMED school provides a unique model for education, empowering students through character education and an engaging curriculum.
- COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS provide a wide range of educational experiences to prepare students for the 21st century.
- UNIFIED ARTS provide a comprehensive curriculum focusing on the Health, Fitness, Music, and Artistic needs of students.
Students Say :
“At Sanchez the adults care about you.”
“This is the best school I have attended and I have been in a couple.”
“I like the CMT celebrations and other events for us kids.”
“The Pennies for Patients campaign raised over $1,500 last year and my class is very proud of that accomplishment.”
Parents Say : "Parents are pleased to have such dedicated staff to educate our children, teaching them not only academics but character, pride in who they are, and respect for all others, inside and outside of school."
Teachers Say : "We love the team spirit that we have at Sanchez school and the close-knit community that we have formed and developed over the last 20 years, since the school opened in 1992."
Mi Casa provides after-school programming.
Yellow tops and navy blue bottoms.