At McDonough Middle School, we believe that if we engage all students in meaningful work and student-centered learning and we create a strong school culture where staff, students and parents feel valued and connected to the McDonough community, then student achievement will increase. We are a small middle school where staff, students, and families know each other well and work together to ensure all members of our community thrive and grow.
All McDonough students engage in meaningful learning expeditions and design service learning projects with their CREW to reinforce that they are valuable members of our local community who have the skills and character to transform their world. Our core values of respect, excellence, perseverance and community prepare all students for success in high school, college, and to be responsible citizens.
- Core Classes: Math, Science, ELA, Social Studies
- Encore Classes: Art, Music, Physical Education, MIT (Math Inquiry & Technology Robotics Class)
- Social- Emotional Learning: Daily CREW, SSP Classes, Social-Emotional Learning Lessons, Mindfulness
- Additional Courses: Middlebury Lab for English Language Immersion, Math and Reading lab
- Athletics: Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, Softball, Flag Football & Track)
- Clubs: Robotics Team, Drum Line, Latin dance, Glee, Chess, Guitar, Lacrosse, etc.
- Student Leadership: Student Government, Student Ambassadors
At McDonough Middle School we foster students’ joy of learning and passion for helping others in order to develop thinkers and leaders who have the courage to take academic risks that strengthen character and positively contribute to the community.
Students Say : “McDonough has changed my attitude about school.The teachers are new and different from any teachers I’ve ever had before.”
Parents Say : “My child has attended this school since Pre-K. I’ve always felt a sense of security and genuine concern towards all students. McDonough’s transition to middle school was easy for us. I feel there is great communication between administration, teachers, and myself.”
Teachers Say : “McDonough offer students an opportunity for hands on learning that is active, challenging and meaningful, Teachers receive weekly professional development in Expeditionary Model to enhance student learning and expeditions.”
Solid black, red or white polo shirts and khaki or black dress pants