The program at Noah Webster MicroSociety Magnet School provides students with a rigorous academic learning environment built upon high expectations and inquiry based learning within our meaningful standards based curriculum. As a magnet school, we embrace our MicroSociety theme and pride ourselves in its integration of mathematics, writing, science and social studies into the curriculum, weaving it throughout our academic day. Our students are all employed in ventures that encourage them to be productive and responsible citizens within our learning community.
Our MicroSociety theme is in alignment with our rigorous academic curriculum and connects learning to the real world, making each student's education relevant and empowering them to make decisions and monitor their own progress.
Special Features and Highlights
• Students in a MicroSociety experience a wide variety of learning environments. The six major components of the MicroSociety are: Technology, Economy, Academy, Citizenship and Government, Humanities and the Arts, and Heart. The MicroSociety philosophy creates powerful incentives for all children to learn.
• Full day Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 with certified staff whose curriculum aligns with Kindergarten readiness
• Close-knit partnerships with the community enhance the MicroSociety theme, enriching student learning experiences, broadening their background knowledge and increasing opportunities to enhance social and academic achievement for the 21st century.
• 2011 ConnCAN’s Top 10 list for Performance Gains and African-American Student Performance
• 2011 National Magnet School of Excellence Award
• 2010 - Present: John Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth
• 2010 – Present – District Reading Award for 3rd Grade
• 2010 – District Writing Award for 8th Grade
• 2010 – District Math Award for 4th Grade
• 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Hartford’s Shining Star School for academic achievement
• 2006 - Present: Ambassador School for MicroSociety
• 2007 - Present: Excellence in Diversity Education/ The Discovery Center
• OPUS drama after school program
• Boy/Girl Scouts offered during the school year
• Extensive instrumental orchestra, band, and chorus performing arts program
• Master Classes offered in Music, Arts and Literature via the Ritter Family Foundation
• 5th & 6th Grade and 7th & 8th grade basketball teams
• The curriculum at Noah Webster is multicultural. Students are provided with a wide-variety of multicultural genre and we incorporate celebrations and cultural resources within community.
• Student-created ventures bring the concepts in our curriculum to life where they collaborate to apply what is learned in a meaningful way.
What People Are Saying
Students Say : "Noah Webster MicroSociety Magnet School means community. It means you are able to approach any of your teachers or peers and ask them questions without fear of being judged. Also, it gives students the opportunity to take charge of their own learning, set their own goals, and freely express themselves."
Teachers Say : "Noah Webster is a learning community whose members recognize the importance of a team approach to student success. At Webster, administrators, teachers, parents and students hold themselves and each other accountable to high academic standards. It makes me proud that our students are proud to say, 'I go to Noah Webster!'"
YMCA on site 7:00 am – 8:40 am
YMCA on site 3:50 pm – 6:00 pm
PreK-Grade 5: Red shirt with khaki bottoms.