Noah Webster opened in 1904 as a neighborhood school serving the West End of Hartford. In 2004, the school underwent a dramatic renovation connecting the two original buildings, maintaining the character of the old and adding modern conveniences and technology. This became Noah Webster MicroSociety Magnet School.
As a MicroSociety, we connect the academics to the real world. Our students participate in classroom ventures where each room is a small business. Students, with teacher support, create the model, develop the business elements, work to earn money and then offer their products to other students to enjoy. As part of our MicroSociety model, we also work with our students to ensure that we meet the Webster Way of taking care of ourselves, each other and our place. Our teachers work to create voice and choice in our classrooms to help to create relevance for the work in school as it connects to the larger society.
Outside of the classroom, students have a wide variety of opportunities to engage in activities that broaden their skills and their opportunities in music, athletics and the arts, in and out of school.
Special Features & Highlights
- We are a PreK3 through 8th grade school with close collaboration between grade levels.
- Our teachers utilize curriculum and their expertise to design lessons for students at all levels of proficiency.
- Unified Arts classes include music, art, PE, media sciences, science and Mandarin.
- MicroSociety’s model promotes connection of curriculum to real-world application through classroom ventures, as well as student voice and choice.
- Strong family support and participation in our PTA and School Governance Council (SGC).
- MicroSociety Four Star Award 2016-2019
- Magnet School of Excellence 2013
- Magnet School of Distinction 2014-2020
- NAEYC Accredited pre-kindergarten
- PreK Big Day curriculum
- Grades K - 8 Eureka and Carnegie Math
- Grades K - 8 CCSS Aligned curricula
- NGSS aligned Science K - 8
- Instrumental Music and Vocal Music
- Middle School basketball
- Intramural dodge ball, volleyball, basketball and cheerleading
- Smart Board or digital presenter in all classrooms
- Laptops available for school and home use for each student
- Laptop computer carts
- Three desktop computer labs
Did You Know?
- MicroSociety bridges the real world to the classroom.
- Unified Arts opportunities for students from PreK - Grade 8 include physical education, art, music, media, Mandarin, and science.
- Located in the West End of Hartford with a building that combines the old with the new.
What People Are Saying
Students Say : "Noah Webster MicroSociety Magnet School means community. It means you are able to approach any of your teachers or peers and ask them questions without fear of being judged. Also, it gives students the opportunity to take charge of their own learning, set their own goals, and freely express themselves."
Teachers Say : "Noah Webster is a learning community whose members recognize the importance of a team approach to student success. At Webster, administrators, teachers, parents and students hold themselves and each other accountable to high academic standards. It makes me proud that our students are proud to say, 'I go to Noah Webster!'"
YMCA on site 7:00 am – 8:40 am
YMCA on site 3:50 pm – 6:00 pm
PreK-Grade 5: Red shirt with khaki bottoms.
Grades 6-8: White button down with Middle School logo and khaki bottoms.