The program at Noah Webster MicroSociety Magnet School provides students with a rigorous academic learning environment built upon high expectations and inquiry-based learning within our meaningful standards-based curriculum. As a magnet school, we embrace our MicroSociety theme and pride ourselves in its integration of mathematics, writing, science, and social studies while weaving it throughout our academic day. Our students create a miniature society within our school and are all employed in ventures and agencies that encourage them to be productive and responsible citizens within our learning community. Our students are given voice and choice through the student government that is active in decision making and plans school-wide events. Our MicroSociety theme is in alignment with our rigorous academic curriculum and connects learning to the real world, making each student's education relevant and empowering them to make decisions and monitor their own progress. Noah Webster MicroSociety students leave our school with a vision for their future.
Special Features and Highlights
- Students in a MicroSociety experience a wide variety of learning environments. The six major components of the MicroSociety are: Technology, Economy, Academy, Citizenship and Government, Humanities and the Arts, and Heart. Students create ventures such as quiz shows, museums and science centers. The MicroSociety philosophy creates powerful incentives for all children to learn.
- NAEYC Accredited full day Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 with certified staff whose curriculum aligns with Kindergarten readiness
Close-knit partnerships with the community that enhance the MicroSociety theme, enriching student learning experiences, broadening their background knowledge and increasing opportunities to enhance social and academic achievement for the 21st century.
- 2016 – 2019 MicroSociety Four Star Award
- 2016-2018, 2020 National Magnet School of Distinction
- 2006 - Present: Ambassador School for MicroSociety
- Extensive instrumental orchestra, band, and chorus performing arts program
- Mandarin instruction in grades K-8
- Volunteer and part-time tutoring program to support learners at all grade levels
- Middle school girls’ volleyball and boys’ basketball team
- 6th Grade participation in StarBase Academy
- An active and involved PTA that meets monthly and plans events for the school community
• The curriculum at Noah Webster is multicultural. Students are provided with a wide-variety of multicultural genre and we incorporate celebrations and cultural resources within our community.
• Student-created ventures bring the concepts in our curriculum to life where they collaborate to apply what is learned in a meaningful way.
What People Are Saying
Students Say : "Noah Webster MicroSociety Magnet School means community. It means you are able to approach any of your teachers or peers and ask them questions without fear of being judged. Also, it gives students the opportunity to take charge of their own learning, set their own goals, and freely express themselves."
Teachers Say : "Noah Webster is a learning community whose members recognize the importance of a team approach to student success. At Webster, administrators, teachers, parents and students hold themselves and each other accountable to high academic standards. It makes me proud that our students are proud to say, 'I go to Noah Webster!'"
YMCA on site 7:00 am – 8:40 am
YMCA on site 3:50 pm – 6:00 pm
PreK-Grade 5: Red shirt with khaki bottoms.
Grades 6-8: White button down with Middle School logo and khaki bottoms.