Pathways Academy of Technology and Design
Pathways Academy of Technology & Design, designated as the nation’s Top Secondary School by Magnet Schools of America in 2014, is located in a new building on the Goodwin College campus in East Hartford. Pathways students benefit from a unique college preparatory learning program where students, outfitted with personal laptop computers, learn in all their subject areas through creative projects that integrate advanced technology, including graphic design, digital video and media, programming, and robotics.
Each student belongs to a small advisory group where a teacher gives them close attention and keeps families well informed. Our strong business partners help students develop real-world skills through mentoring and professional internships.
If a rigorous, innovative, 21st century-learning program is for you, join the Pathways family!
Special Features & Highlights
- Pathways Academy offers a personalized learning experience through its curriculum and advisory program.
- Pathways students have the opportunity to participate in paid internships and partnerships with local companies and organizations.
- Pathways students can earn dual credit with a variety of our secondary education partners, such as Capital Community College, Goodwin College, UCONN, and more.
- Our new building on the Goodwin College Campus has state-of-the-art technology.
- Each student is provided with a high-powered laptop and excellent teachers who bring out their creativity and critical-thinking skills.
ACCOLADES Named America’s Top Secondary School by Magnet Schools of America in 2014. Recognized by the National Academy Foundation (NAF) as a Distinguished Academy for seven years in a row. CURRICULUM Video Game Design Programming Digital Video and Media Graphic Design Advanced Design Portfolio
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES FIRST Robotics program in partnership with the Academy of Engineering and Green Technology at Hartford High School.
TECHNOLOGY One-to-one laptop program, state-of-the-art PC and MAC Labs, Recording and TV Studios, 3D Printers, Robotics and Virtual Reality Equipment.
Did You Know?
- Our COLLEGE PREPARATORY CURRICULUM includes themed project portfolios taught by teachers with industry experience.
- Our TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION includes a one-to-one laptop program, industry-standard software and hardware, and MAC and PC Labs.
- Our CAREER EXPLORATION features a 9th grade career fair, 10th grade job shadowing, 11th grade internships, and partnerships with local IT firms.
What People Are Saying
Students Say :
“Pathways to Technology is a fantastic school; it is culturally rich and a great body of support that is never wavering. Since I have become a student at Pathways, all of my interests have been supported in one way or another. I have been able to excel in the field of technology – an area that I had never attempted to meddle in. I have been able to learn in the same room with students who are from the other side of the world. I have been fortunate enough to attend a school that embodies some of life’s main principals that I too value: Leadership, scholarship, and citizenship. As a student, and an individual I always have a number of school faculty members that I can go to for life help, school help, and often times to hear something that will help me remember: “this is just high school; I’ll live.” Among all else, Pathways is a community of men and women, young and …wise, who value one another’s strengths and insights – it is a tight knit front of idealist, individualist, and innovators who lean on one another for support. Pathways is at the forefront of tech savvy human beings who Wiki and Google by day, and Tweet by night.”
Parents Say :
“Pathways is small enough for a parent to communicate with the teachers and administrators about their child’s performance yet large enough in scope to work on projects involving clients and the community.”
Khaki or black pants with a Pathways uniform shirt