Kinsella Magnet School of Performing Arts is a data-driven, decision-making school focusing on individual student progress, assessment, and achievement with high academic expectations. This unique school provides all students the opportunity to develop their skills through the performing arts. This philosophy combines comprehensive training, cultural exposure, and arts integration as a means to develop a child socially, linguistically, and cognitively through a broad variety of hands-on experiences. All students can have the experience of playing a musical instrument, creation through stagecraft arts, and content learning via drama, dance, and movement. This process fosters student problem-solving and critical thinking skills, and encourages individual learning in which students arrive at conclusions independently. The Kinsella approach engages students on an emotional level and excites them to learn.
Special Features and Highlights
• All-Day kindergarten and Pre-K program with extended hours
• Suzuki violin for all kindergarten through Grade 3 students
• Emergent curriculum model: learning emerges through student interests
• Students in grades 5–9 choose an area of performing arts concentration and receive small group instruction
• 2012, 2010, 2009 National Magnet School of Distinction
• 2011 National Magnet School of Excellence
• 2011 Magnet Schools of America District One Teacher of the Year
• 23 Main Stage productions per year
• Performing Arts staff are CT certified in education
• All classroom teachers are CT certified in education
• 40 plus OSI points gained in three years.
What People Are Saying
Students Say : "I love the teachers and the support they give us. The academics are challenging, but rewarding and help us towards our future. I also love the performing arts because I love to express myself!"
Parents Say : "KMSPA is an absolutely fabulous, family environment where our children follow a rigorous academic schedule while enjoying full exposure to the arts. Our children are not only loved and respected, but learn to love and respect their peers."
Teachers Say : "We love having the opportunity to incorporate the arts in the classroom with our instruction. Our students are incredibly talented both artistically and academically, and we have the utmost respect for the families and school community in which we work."
Boys: Navy Blue Collar Shirt/Khaki Pants: NO SHORTS
Girls: Navy Blue Collar Shirt/Khaki pants/Khaki Skirts to Knees: NO CAPRIS. NO SHORTS