West Middle School
At West Middle School, we embrace all of our students, providing them with rigorous academic instruction in a safe and nurturing environment.
As a community school, we are not only educating the children in our care, we are a resource for their overall well-being. We provide access to support services, a place to gather, and educational opportunities for families. Our students range from PK4 through Grade 5, and the bonds with these children and their families grow and strengthen each year. When “our kids” leave West Middle, we know we have provided them with a foundation, not only for academic success, but for leadership. Students leave with knowledge that they are well-prepared to thrive in their future endeavors.
Special Features & Highlights
- Our teachers and staff consistently deliver high-quality instruction through the use of interdisciplinary units of study.
- With our community partners, we offer enrichment opportunities for all students, ranging from cartooning to STEM.
- We offer opportunities for families to learn, grow, and develop leadership skills through our multiple partners within the community.
- West Middle School is known for its celebrated ethnic diversity and multicultural enrollment.
- The staff at WMCS is committed to ensuring all students are successful in school as well as in the community.
ACCOLADES Our students have experienced success in school engagement and academic achievement. CURRICULUM WMCS enhances the district curriculum through our enrichment opportunities. EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES After-school sports for students include basketball and track and field. TECHNOLOGY West Middle School is proud of its newly renovated building, which is equipped with the latest technology including SMART Boards in every classroom.
Did You Know?
- West Middle School is a FULL-SERVICE COMMUNITY SCHOOL focused on meeting the needs of every child.
- Our COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP with Boys and Girls Club of Hartford helps enhance student learning and success.
- We provide ARTS ENRICHMENT PROGRAMMING that is enhanced with our partnership through the Bushnell.
Students Say :
“It’s a good place to learn memorable life advice to help you be successful.” (S. B, 5th grader)
“Our education is very good and we learn so much.” (D. E, 4th grader)
“My daughter has an excellent teacher who cares about her academics, but also about her feelings.” (Ms. V, parent of 1st grader)
“WMS is alive, welcoming and has dedicated teachers. Volunteering at WMS is the highlight of my week!” (Ms. R.)Teachers Say :
“It is wonderful to work in a multicultural environment with children and families from all over the world.” (Mrs. H, second grade teacher)
“Highly qualified and supportive peers who are always available to provide support and materials for my students who are always eager to learn.” (Mrs. F, kindergarten teacher)
Boys and Girls Club of Hartford Grades K-5, free.
Navy blue polo with khaki or navy blue pants.