Get to Know Your School Options
Hartford Public Schools (HPS) is committed to ensuring our families are engaged and inspired by the school options we have to offer. Our school choices include specialized district schools and theme-based magnet schools; each offers a unique curriculum that prepares our students to be successful in and beyond school. Additional opportunities are offered through our partnerships with the CT State Department of Education’s Regional School Choice Office (RSCO) and other educational providers.
HPS provides more educational opportunities to Hartford residents and suburban families in the Greater Hartford region. Read below to learn more about school options and the pathways to access them!
2021-2022 School Selection Guide
* To enlarge guide, please click on the icon below.
Guía de Selección Escolar 2021-2022
* Para ampliar el guía, haga clic en el icono de abajo.
As a parent, you know your child best. This process is about using that knowledge to select a learning environment that is the best fit for your children and their future.
You can start by taking a few moments to think and talk with your child about:
- What does your child like?
- What makes your child unique?
- What motivates your child to explore and learn?
- What other factors are most important to you (e.g. school’s distance from home, afterschool clubs and sports)?
Use these helpful tips to guide you as you go through the school selection process:
There are two separate applications for families applying to Hartford District Schools and to the Regional School Choice Office Schools (RSCO).
- Applications to our District (non-magnet) schools are open to Hartford residents only using the Hartford Public Schools District Choice application.
- Hartford Public School’s District on-time School Application is now closed for the 2021-22 school year.
- If you missed the deadline and your child is new to the District or in a transitional grade (Pre-K 4 and Kindergarten) you may complete a late application by calling our offices at, (860) 695-8876 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
RSCO MAGNET/OPEN CHOICE/TECHNICAL SCHOOLS
- The Applications to RSCO Magnet/Open Choice/Technical schools are open to Hartford and Suburban residents using the Regional School Choice Office application.
- The RSCO Magnet/Open Choice/Technical schools on-time application period is now closed for the 2021-22 school year.
- Families who did not submit an application before the on-time application deadline will have the opportunity to submit a late application for RSCO schools and programs for the 2021-22 school year beginning on April 5th through August 15th.