Hartford Public Schools recognizes parents and families as key-players in their children’s education. We are here to help you get involved in the following ways:
Learn about school policies.
We also provide training and technical assistance to schools in developing family engagement opportunities. For more information call 860-695-8400.
Learn about participating in your child’s school as a member of the School Governance Council, the Parent-Teacher Organization ,or as a Volunteer. Explore the tabs below to learn more, and just click on the links below or the buttons to the right if you’re ready to join!
Prepare for parent/teacher conferences and orientation meetings: Parent-Teacher Conference Checklist
Parent-Teacher Conferences are coming up soon!
- Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021 evening, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2021 afternoon – early release
- Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2022 evening, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2022 afternoon – early release
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022 evening, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, April 27, 2022 afternoon – early release
- Wednesday, June 1, 2022 afternoon – early release
ABOUT SCHOOL GOVERNANCE COUNCILS
SGC Meeting Minutes
Budget Sign-off Form
Bylaws Examples by CABE
Example Letter for SGC Recruitment – English
Example Letter for SGC Recruitment- en español
Nomination Election Form
Roberts Rules Meeting Structure
School-Based Meeting Guide
School Governance Council Chairs
SIP Cover Page / Sign-off
Training Schedule 2019-2020
SGC Training Sessions Meeting Notes & Video Library
10/21/2021 TRAINING: SGC ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND THE PRINCIPAL HIRING PROCESS
SGC Roles and Responsibilities - ENGLISH
- About the PTO
- About the PTA
- The National PTA’s Center for Family Engagement
- Prepare for parent/teacher conferences and orientation meetings: Parent-Teacher Conference Checklist
- How Do I Support My Child? See the Parents’ Guide for Student Success for your child