Providing nutritious food to students during the school day is another part of our commitment to each and every Hartford student.
The list of 17 school locations for meal pickup is available on our website, www.hartfordschools.org. For the safety of all, we ask that families practice social distancing at meal sites, avoid close contact, and wash hands upon returning home. Meals should be taken home and cooked or refrigerated quickly.
If you have any questions, please call the Food and Nutrition department at 860-695-8490.
Student Meal Pick-up Locations
PRINTABLE MAP OF LOCATIONS
We remain committed to providing nutrition to students who need meals during the school closures. We are also mindful of our collective need for social distancing. We have added eight additional meal distribution locations throughout the city for a total of 17. Any student 18 years old or younger can pick up a lunch and breakfast at any of our 17 school locations listed below. Please be aware that locations have changed.
For the safety of all, we ask that families practice social distancing at meal sites, avoid close contact, and wash hands upon returning home.
Starting on Monday, March 23, we will implement the following changes to student meal delivery:
- Meals will be distributed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- On Mondays and Wednesdays, two days of meals will be provided. On Fridays, three days of meals will be provided.
- Distribution will occur at 17 school locations in Hartford. The full list of locations is below.
- Meals will be distributed frozen with heating instructions in English and Spanish. They should be taken home and cooked or refrigerated quickly.
New Student Meal Distribution Sites
|1||Achievement First||305 Greenfield Street||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Classical Magnet School||85 Woodland Street||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Rawson School||260 Holcomb Street||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Weaver High School||415 Granby Street||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|2||Global Communications Academy||85 Edwards Street||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|SAND School||1750 Main Street||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Wish Museum School||350 Barbour Street||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|3||Hartford Public High School||55 Forest Street||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Kennelly School||180 White Street||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Moylan School—ELAMS||101 Catherine Street||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Parkville Community School||47 New Park Avenue||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Sanchez School||176 Babcock Street||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|4||Bellizzi School||215 South Street||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Betances Early Reading School||42 Charter Oak Avenue||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Burr School||400 Wethersfield Avenue||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Hartford Magnet Trinity College
|53 Vernon Street||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|MD Fox School||470 Maple Avenue||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
- Meal services at all our schools
- Coordination with school staff, students and families to accommodate special nutritional or medical dietary needs
- Nutrition Promotion
CEP Parent Notification Letters
Breakfast Letters to Parents
Non-Discrimination Statement 2019
Creating a Healthy School Environment
SNAP and Husky Health Programs
Useful nutrition resources for parents
- Enjoy Foods From Many Cultures (pdf)
- Go-Slow-Whoa Foods chart (pdf)
- Kid-Friendly Veggies and Fruits (pdf)
- Make Better Beverage Choices (pdf)
- MyPlate Snack Tips for Parents (pdf)
- Tips on Adding More Vegetables (pdf)
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.