Free Summer Youth Social Justice Program for Ages 14 – 18
Below is a free opportunity for students ages 14-18. It starts on Monday, July 20. It is totally FREE and it’s built around current community conversations and the need for education addressing race and racism. It is for 14-18 year olds (High School – CT and Western MA only). The only commitment is the students need to attend all 5 days for the 3 hours. The dates are below and note that the content is the same from week to week with a rotating time schedule. So they only need to attend one week. (Since the program is the same each week, teachers may have different students from your school throughout all 4 offerings.) There is currently not a limit on the number of participants allowed in the program.
“At The National Conference for Community & Justice (NCCJ,) we believe that knowledge is empowerment. Our programs for young people are at the heart of the work we do. We are always trying to find new ways to connect, educate and mobilize the passion and determination we see in students like you. And that’s why we’re launching NCCJ RISE – to assist teens with processing and responding to the racism and inequality you’re witnessing at an alarming rate.”
And this program isn’t just about educating — it’s also about action planning, and how you can use your voice to rise up, disrupt and dismantle discrimination.
When you sign up for NCCJ RISE you’ll learn:
- How racism is experienced by different identities and works in conjunction with other forms of oppression.
- How we are socialized around identity.
- How to hold productive conversations on race, class, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, ability, religion, and body size.
- Action planning and how to be a part of the solution.
If you’re 14-18 years old and want to learn more about social justice and driving social change, NCCJ RISE is the program for you!
- NCCJ RISE is a FREE program that is open to residents of Connecticut and Western Massachusetts who are 14-18 years old.
- Each session is a week long, Monday-Friday, 3 hours per day for a total of 15 hours.
- The same curriculum will be covered at all 4 of the sessions.
- Attendees need to commit to attending all 5 days of the session.
- To register, click on the date of the session you want to register for. The Zoom details will be sent to you after you sign up.
The links for students to register:
Session 1 July 20-24 12:00-3:00 PM – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nccj-rise-tickets-113274450932
Session 2 July 27-31 3:00-6:00 PM – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nccj-rise-tickets-113718039718
Session 3 Aug 03-7 12:00-3:00 PM – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nccj-rise-tickets-113718186156
Session 4 Aug 10-14 3:00-6:00 PM – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nccj-rise-tickets-113718244330
So if you’re looking for a socially-relevant, impactful youth program this summer, sign up for NCCJ RISE today!
If you have any questions,