Global Communications Academy Plans Exchange Program with Hua Rui Experimental Primary School in Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
On April 7, 2017 Global Communications Academy hosted, for the second time, visitors from China (in image above with Principal Kimberly Stone, second from left.) The visitors came to learn about the IB primary years (K to 5) program/education at Global Communications Academy as part of a potential exchange program between the two schools. Hua Rui Experimental Primary School in Wuxi, Jiangsu, China has invited five teachers from Global Communications Academy to China this summer to teach at a summer camp there, all expenses paid. The trip has yet to be approved. The exchange program dates are planned for July 2, 2017 to July 16, 2017 at the Hua Rui Experimental Primary School (HUEPS), Wuxi, Jiangsu, China.
Hua Rui Education Group was founded in 2007. It is a high-quality educational group dedicated to exploring inclusive private education schools new model. Currently, Wuxi Hua Rui Experimental Primary School is one of the schools in this educational group. Besides, the group also owns Huishan District ShengAn Garden Preschool, Wuxi Huishan Qingtian Lanchen Preschool and Wuxi Huishan South Xizhang Preschool. There are more than 3,000 students and over 300 teachers and staff members. Our mission is:
- To promote opportunities for all students and teachers to achieve to their maximum potential in all aspects of life – academic, social, emotional, and physical for the purpose of educating the whole child
- To focus our institution and resources to equip students and teachers with skills and character that will serve as building blocks to become effective leaders
- To provide instruction and support to meet the needs of diverse learners in our school community
- To educate every student and teacher with respect – maximizing their strengths and talents, honoring their beliefs, and working collaboratively to overcome their challenges
Attention to quality and detail are important trademarks of Hua Rui. They recruit higher level education teachers and with many years teaching experiences who are caring, dedicated professionals. The staff is extremely professional and knowledgeable. They have their own campus in the Wuxi city, and they provide housing, school bus, dining services etc.
This is the first phase in building an educational exchange program between schools in Wuxi, Jiangsu, China and Hartford, Connecticut, USA. In this initial exchange, five US teachers will travel to China and teach a one-week summer camp for Chinese elementary school students. Opportunities for teachers’ travel in China will also be arranged. Teachers will visit famous cities in the region to learn about their culture and educational systems. In the fall, 5 students from the Hua Rui Experimental School will attend classes at Global Communications Academy for 3-4 weeks.
1) Five US teachers will design curriculum and provide instructions for a one-week summer camp program for Chinese students ages 7 to 12 volunteer teachers (without pay).
2) The Chinese school will cover five US teachers’ round trip airfares, transportation, airport pickup services and their accommodations with meal included the week while they are teaching in the school.
3) The Chinese school will also provide 3-day trips to visit three local cities:
- Wuxi, Jiangsu Province
- Suzhou, Jiangsu Province
- Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province
- Hua Rui Experimental Primary School can also arrange travel in China for teachers from Global Communications Academy during the second week at teachers’ personal expense if desired.
For the teachers’ spouse and a minor child/children, Hua Rui will provide sightseeing transportation, the airport pickup services and their accommodations with meals, but the teacher has to cover their family members round trip airfares and other costs like admissions, food in the trip and other costs outside of the school etc.