Hartford Youth Advisory Board Nominations Deadline 7/17/20!
Do you know a deserving Hartford youth between the ages of 13 and 18 who wants to make a difference in their community? Nominations are now open and being accepted for the Second Cohort of the Hartford Youth Advisory Board.
Please consider nominating a deserving young leader for consideration of this honor. The deadline to submit nominations is this Friday, July 17th!
The application is simple and only takes a few minutes to complete:
About the Hartford Youth Advisory Board
The City of Hartford Department of Families, Children, Youth and Recreation (DFCYR) promotes the successful lifelong learning opportunities of Hartford children, youth and families through early education, workforce development and recreation. The Hartford Youth Advisory Board (HYAB) provides an opportunity for Hartford youth to advise the DFCYR Youth Division in its efforts and strategies related to this mission. The HYAB provides vital youth voice on issues pertaining to City policies, programs, and projects that aim to support Hartford’s young people.
- Under the oversight of DFCYR in its role as the Youth Services Bureau for the City of Hartford, the HYAB shall make a continuous review of youth and young adult issues in the City, with a focus on workforce development, college and career readiness, and youth justice
- The HYAB will develop and present recommendations to the Mayor on issues affecting young people in the city of Hartford
- The HYAB shall have a minimum of eleven (11) members
- DFCYR shall provide primary oversight of the operations of the HYAB
- All members shall be residents of the City of Hartford
- Members shall be between 13 and 18 years old
- Members may be either in-school or out of school
- Immediate family members of City Staff and Municipal Elected Officials are ineligible
Nomination and Selection Process:
- Board members must be nominated by an organization
- A selection committee will review all applications
- Eligible nominees will be required to attend an interview with the selection committee members
- Selections will be made based upon, but not limited to:
- Nominator’s statement;
- Nominee’s interview;
- Youth Advisory Board requirements
- Nominees will be informed of selection results the week of July 27, 2020
- Nominations must be received by 5:00pm on July 17, 2020
- Nominations will be accepted via following link: