- Environmental Controls to Prevent Spread of Influenza
- Winter Safety Tips
- Connecticut HUSKY Health Program - low-cost or free health coverage
- Free Screenings for Breast and Cervical Cancer, and Cardiovascular Diseases to age and income eligible Connecticut women
- About Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease
- Zika Virus Information
- Five Important Reasons to Vaccinate Your Child
- Every Smile Counts: Read about how you can help your child develop good dental and oral health.
- Important letter about the Enterovirus D68
Other Important Links
Nursing Services envisions a holistic approach to health care which encompasses health promotion, health maintenance, detection of altered health status, and treatment of students within the school environment. Our primary aim is to collaborate with other health care providers, support staff, teachers, and parents to promote a healthy environment for students to learn at their optimal potential.
The Coordinator of Health Services is Debbie Chameides, MA, RN, MSN. She works year round Monday through Friday and is available to answer any questions about health services in the Hartford Public Schools. Please feel free to call or email her at:
Hartford Public Schools
960 Main Street
Hartford, Ct. 06103
Our Medical Director, Dr. Kurt Myers, is available for medical consultation or policy questions and can be reached through Debbie at the contact information listed above.
This post is also available in: Español