ICYMI: A Town Hall about COVID-19 Vaccination
On January 28, 2021, Dr. Leslie Torres-Rodriguez presented a Virtual Town Hall, a Community Conversation about COVID-19 Vaccination with presenters Tekisha D. Everette, Ph.D. from Health Equity Solutions and Dr. Reginald Eadie from Trinity Healthcare.
Families and community members were able to engage in an enlightening, factual presentation by Dr. Eadie about the mechanics, testing, side effects, efficacy, and varieties of the vaccination against COVID-19. The audience was able to share their questions with the health experts.
You can watch the videos in English and with Spanish audio (coming soon) and explore our slide presentation below.
Town Hall for Families_01282021.pptx-compressed
Questions from families included:
- When will all the teachers and staff be vaccinated?
- What is the plan for vaccines for children?
- Will vaccines be mandatory for everyone in the building?
- Who can/will be given exemptions?
- Will students be excused if they have side effects of the second shot?
- Will this vaccine protect from the new variants coming in?
- Do we need to make an appointment? If so, how will we know when to schedule?
- Are the schools going to have vaccination events similar to the testing ones?
Watch all of our Town Hall presentations at www.hartfordschools.org/TownHall
El 28 de enero de 2021, la Dra. Leslie Torres-Rodríguez presentó una Asamblea Virtual, una Conversación Comunitaria sobre la Vacunación COVID-19 con las presentadoras Tekisha D. Everette, Ph.D. de Health Equity Solutions y el Dr. Reginald Eadie de Trinity Healthcare.
Las familias y los miembros de la comunidad pudieron participar en una presentación esclarecedora y objetiva del Dr. Eadie sobre la mecánica, las pruebas, los efectos secundarios, la eficacia y las variedades de la vacuna contra COVID-19. La audiencia pudo compartir sus preguntas con los expertos en salud.
Puede ver el video con audio en español.
Thanks to our partners @THOfNewEngland & @HealthEquityCT for joining us again this evening for our Town Hall for families to answer questions about the #COVID19 #vaccine. Our collective goal is to keep everyone in our community healthy & safe. Watch here! https://t.co/dlZ4BdPz8M pic.twitter.com/ri4GfmkPd4
— Dr. Leslie Torres-Rodriguez (@HartfordSuper) January 29, 2021