Introducing: Career Conversations
Hartford Public Schools’ Office of Academics and Office of Communications are launching an exciting new video project called Career Conversations. In each video, an HPS student interviews a professional about their experiences in school and how those experiences prepared them for their careers. Career Conversations is designed to help students explore various jobs and post-secondary opportunities. Students will be able to access the videos on an engaging and interactive website, which will also serve as a resource for teachers to elevate the Portrait of a Graduate.
The first round of interviews were conducted by students in Weaver High School’s Journalism and Media Pathway and students at Kennelly School. At Weaver, the students were also responsible for filming and editing the videos.
Thank you to the following people who participated in the videos:
- Dr. Leslie Torres Rodriguez (HPS Grad) – Superintendent, Hartford Public Schools
- Phil Rigueur – VP of Enterprise Transformation for Hartford HealthCare
- Joshua Hall – Asst. Principal at Weaver HS and State Representative
- Ayah Galal – Reporter and Anchor, WFSB
- Ed Wilson – Staff Attorney, Hartford Public Schools
- Jesse Sugarman – Exec. Director of Communications, Hartford Public Schools
- Amber Smith (HPS Grad) – Youth Development Specialist, Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
- Enzo Daci (HPS Grad) – Senior Financial Consultant, Travelers
- Tiana Starks (HPS Grad) – Community Impact Associate, Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
- Gabriela Anderson- Sanchez (HPS Grad) – Assistant to the Chief Operation Officer, City of Hartford
The next round of interviews will take place on Thursday, January 12. If you would like to be interviewed for Career Conversations, please email Suzanne Palmieri at Suzanne.Palmieri@hartfordschools.org.
Stay tuned for the launch of Career Conversations– the place to be in 2023!