Journalism and Media Magnet Academy Students Win Grand Jury Prize at Reel Youth Hartford Film Festival
April 23rd, 2016 – Students from the Journalism and Media Magnet Academy won the Grand Jury Prize at the annual Reel Youth Hartford Film Festival for their short film “The Letter”. The film was shot and edited as a part of their film class at their satellite campus, the CPBN Learning Lab. The movie was made while the class studied Alfred Hitchcock. In this short, the students used dramatic irony to manipulate their audience, and emphasize the weight of the protagonist’s disappointment.
The film was written, shot and edited by Adrian Sanchez, Cyncere Preston, Mark Doyley, Marilyn Alvarado, Nea Asberry, Neci Moreau, Jewel Miller, Natalia Pagan, Unique Rojas Escobar, and Arlen Rodriguez Salguera.
Clcik on link below to view “The Letter.”
Grand Jury Prize (Best Film):
– “The Letter”
– Journalism and Media Academy
– Adrian Sanchez, Cyncere Preston, Mark Doyle, Marilyn Alvarado, Nea Asbery, Neci Moreau, Jewel Miller, Natalia Pagan, Unique Rojas Escobar, Arlen Rodriguez Salguera
– “The Heist”
– Southwest Boys & Girls Club
– David Sanchez, Jaiden Ortiz, John Hernandez, Claude Nation, Luis Zayas, Daniel Diaz, Jon Restrepl, Dewey Rodriguez
– “Home Not Home”
– Watkinson School
– Maegan Foisie, Nate Hellmuth, Finn Pryor
Social Justice Award:
– Classical Magnet School
– TJ Noel Sullivan
Audience Choice Award:
– “What Makes You”
– University High School of Science & Engineering
– Alec Szczepaniak, Pablo Flores, Marco deSousa
Hartford Awesome Award:
– “Hartford’s Bike Cinema”
– Bici Co./Center For Latino Progress
– Ismael Cuadros, Michael Ward, Leonardo Mendez, Brendon Kennedy
– “Manic Depression Interview”
– Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts
– Charity Gregory
For more information about the festival, click here.
To learn more about the Journalism and Media Magnet Academy, click here.