Julio Lozada Foundation Announces 2nd Annual Julio Lozada Foundation Softball Classic
The Julio Lozada Foundation is proud to announce the 2nd Annual Julio Lozada Foundation Softball Classic, featuring the elite teams of the Hartford Fire Department and the Hartford Police Department.This year’s showdown with our uniformed partners and friends in red and blue is scheduled for Sunday, October 7, 2018* at Dunkin’ Donuts Park, home stadium of the Hartford Yard Goats. Last year’s game proved to be an outstanding event with over 12,000 people in attendance.
Proceeds from this exciting event will fund the annual scholarships awarded to college-bound students residing in the Greater Hartford Region, and will support other programs and events developed by the Julio Lozada Foundation.
As a friend of the Julio Lozada Foundation, we invite you to collaborate with us so that our vision can become a reality: “In remembrance of Julio Lozada’s legacy, all Greater Hartford children and young adults will fell supported by the community to thrive in education and in their personal lives.”
Attached, you will find the sponsor packet for the 2018 Julio Lozada Foundation Softball Classic. Please include your donation in the self-addressed envelope included in the packet, or donate online at http://www.juliolozada.org/
Thank you in advance for your generous contribution.
*Rain date is Sunday, October 21, 2018
For questions, please contact:
Mayra Lozada, Founder/President
The Julio Lozada Foundation
Please visit the website often to stay updated on upcoming fundraisers, events, and to learn more about our work in the community.
We are proud of the work the foundation has done over the last 5 years, we also recognize that there is much more work to be done and we are excited to start that. Below are some of the things we have done with your support in the past 5 years.
• We awarded over $24,000 in scholarships to recipients attending a college/university of their choice. All from fundraisers and sponsors like you
• We provided Bulkeley graduating seniors with tuxedo vouchers to help underwrite the rental cost.
• We replaced Latino Studies Academy @ Burns School banner.
• We provided Connecticut Science Center tickets to Sand schools & House of Restoration church
• We implemented an activity at SAND, Milner & Clark Elementary schools to improve students’ attendance and positive behavior intervention initiates by offering three bikes and helmets to each school.
• We implemented a Mentoring through Speaker and Literacy Program at SAND schools, it was designed to provide an opportunity for participants to increase writing and reading skills while providing access to local mentors that can provide insight to careers, and local programs.
• We had a coat drive at SAND school were we provided gloves, coats and winter hats to all the 3rd grade class.
• We held Safety Days at Lozada Park, where we provided educational information to the community regarding Health, Elderly Care and Safety, Car Seat Safety, Housing, Fire Alarms, Fire Safety and much other information. During Safety Day we provided free food, games, raffles and a variety of fun activities for community kids of all ages.
All those things and many more were done with the support of the fundraisers and sponsors like you.
Click here to view correspondence with sponsorship levels for your consideration: https://www.hartfordschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/FINAL-2018-SOFBALL-TOURNAMENT-2-1-1.pdf