Our Piece of the Pie Recruits for Pathways to Careers Initiative (PCI)
Our Piece of the Pie is currently recruiting for our Pathways to Careers Initiative (PCI). PCI is a viable response to the labor market’s demand for skilled workers through a cooperative partnership with Asnuntuck & Capital Community Colleges and industry leaders. Our programs are expeditious in that most young adults can complete their industry recognized certification within 6 months to 1 year with little to no debt!
Young adults ages 18-24 (must meet income eligibility guidelines/WIOA)
Special Emphasis Placed on
Aging out of Foster Care
Men of Color
OPP offers a comprehensive support structure that ensures a “non-traditional” college student’s success as they transition into post-secondary, earn credentials and enter into the workforce. We are currently recruiting for Allied Health and Advanced Manufacturing! Please don’t be fooled about the misconceptions of Manufacturing Industry, it is NOT a dying field, nor is it a dirty one. In fact, businesses/employers offer a very competitive wages (and benefit packages) and most businesses/employers are extremely eager to attract new energy/replenish their workforce.
Completers of this program will receive job placement assistance and 1 year of retention support. Our aim is to provide young adults with the necessary technical skills to introduce them to the “world of work” as expeditiously as possible, and if/when they decide to further their training/education, their employers will cover the tuition costs!
Additional Services/Supports Include:
· Academic and Career Assessments
· Individual Success Planning (Goal Identification and Management)
· Needs Assessment, Barrier Reduction & Resource Identification
· Emergency Supports
· Work Boots, Supplies, Books, etc.
· Tuition Support
· Advocacy & Mentoring (Relationship Centered Approach)
· Home, School & Work Site Visits
· Enrichment Activities i.e. Leadership, Life and Literacy Development
· Academic Interventions (i.e. Tutoring and Remediation Aimed at Increasing Literacy and Numeracy Skills)
· FAFSA Assistance (Financial Aid)
· Career Competency Development Training (i.e. Job Readiness Training)
· Stackable Credentials – OSHA, Workforce Readiness and Customer Service
· Paid Internships/Externships
· Job Placement Assistance
· 1 Year of Job Retention Services
· FREE!!! To those that qualify!
OPP is conveniently located at 20-28 Sargeant Street in Hartford. We accept walk-ins between 9-5pm Monday through Friday. If you would like to learn more OR to sign up, please visit us or call me at 860-761-7363.
Please share with your contacts and colleagues.
Youth Development Specialist
Our Piece of the Pie
20-28 Sargeant Street
Hartford, CT 06105
Phone: (860) 761-7363