Parent Teacher Conferences Tuesday & Wednesday!
Hartford Public Schools announces your Parent Teacher Conference schedule for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year. All conferences will be held virtually. Teachers and schools will reach out to families to set up the appointments. However, families can also contact teachers to set up appointments for conferences.
Wednesday, May 5 will be an early release day.
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 evening, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 5, 2021 afternoon, 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM
- Wednesday, June 2, 2021 afternoon, 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM
The following are a set of Frequently Asked Questions that families can use to help guide the conversation/s with their child’s teacher/s.:
- How do you best prefer to communicate with me? (Email? Phone? Text? Notes?)
- What do you see as my child’s strengths?
- What do you think are the academic challenges for my child?
- What would you do if my child were struggling academically with something?
- How is my child doing socially / emotionally?
- Is my child on grade level for reading? What about math, science and writing?
- How does the school handle standardized testing and prep for those tests?
- How is my child is doing with homework, what is your homework policy?
- What can I do at home to support my child and what you’re doing in the classroom?
Should you have any questions, please contact your child’s Principal.