Sanchez School students win BEST PARADE SPIRIT AWARD in Hartford Veterans Day Parade
The winners of the 2016 Connecticut Veterans Parade’s Band Contest have been announced. Nearly 20 musical units marched in the Sunday, November 6 parade in Downtown Hartford, including college, high school and middle school bands and fife and drum bands. A judging panel selected one winner in each of five categories. Each band will receive a trophy from parade organizers.
The winners of the 2016 Connecticut Veterans Parade Band Awards are:
- BEST HIGH SCHOOL BAND AWARD goes to Rockville High School;
- BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND AWARD goes toHartford Magnet Trinity College Academy Marching Phoenix;
- BEST FIFE & DRUM BAND AWARD goes to Marlborough Junior Ancient Fife & Drum Corps;
- BEST PIPE & DRUM BAND AWARD goes to Hartford’s Proud Drill, Drum & Dance Corp; and
- BEST PARADE SPIRIT AWARD goes to the Maria Sanchez School in Hartford.
Close to 3,000 marchers marched in Sunday, November 6’s “17th “Connecticut Veterans Parade.” The annual event is the biggest veterans parade in all of New England and one of the largest salutes to veterans in the entire U.S. For more information about the annual Connecticut Veterans Parade, visit www.CTVeteransParade.org or call 860-986-7254.