Although we will not be your child’s primary care provider, we offer many services to your child during the school day so there is no need for your child to leave school and miss classes. A clinic consent form must be signed by a parent or guardian before your child can receive services. Consent forms are available in all school nursing offices and school-based health centers and at the bottom of this page.
We are looking forward to keeping your children healthy so they can stay in school and learn!
The following school-based health centers are operated by Hartford Public Schools and are open to any Hartford Public School student during regular school hours:
- Dwight Bellizzi Dual Language Academy
- Sanchez School
- Hartford Public High School
- Bulkeley High School (both the upper and lower school sites)
- MD Fox School
- Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School/Breakthrough Magnet School – North
- Rawson School
- Weaver High School/Kinsella Magnet School for the Performing Arts
The school-based health centers offer:
- Physical Exams
- Health Promotion and Wellness
- Medical Care for Injuries and Illness
- Assistance with Chronic Diseases such as Asthma and Diabetes
- Reproductive Health Care (at high school sites)
- Mental Health Counseling
Download a printable health form (pdf) to complete and bring with you. Forms are available at the clinics.
Kurt Myers, Medical Director
Debbie Chameides, Health Services Coordinator