SNAP Beneficiaries May Qualify for Free Career-Training Program
At the School of Workforce & Continuing Education at Capital Community Collegewant to share things that can help your clients and employees. They offer a wide array of accelerated career training certificates, and professional and personal development courses, ranging from one day to a few months.
Programs available through the School of Workforce & Continuing Education:
- Accelerated career training certificates.
- Professional and personal development courses.
- Online courses and certificates.
- Capital’s leadership program for credit students, CCAP.
- Apprenticeships in cybersecurity, insurance, healthcare, and culinary/hospitality. Students learn while earning.
- Low cost Summer Computer Science Program for middle school children
- Financial Independence to Reach Success and Transformation (FIRST) Center services:
- Free* Personal Finance credit-bearing course
- Free* tax preparation through the VITA program
- Free financial literacy workshops
- Free Community Advocate
- Financial Literacy and Career Services Expo
*See program requirements
Payment plans and funding options are available for the career training certificates, to help qualifying students pay for the training they need to start their new career. These funding options include:
- SNAP-ET Scholarship
Clients receiving SNAP benefits in Connecticut, and not receiving financial assistance (TANF), may be eligible to participate in one of the many career training programs that we offer. For more information, please contact our SNAP Information Line at 860-906-5029.
- JFES Scholarship
Clients receiving SNAP benefits in Connecticut and financial assistance (TANF), may be eligible for a scholarship. For more information, visit the American Job Center at your local CT Department of Labor (in Hartford: 3580 Main Street).
- Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) Scholarships
Funds may be available to those who qualify and will cover tuition on a variety of class offerings. For more information on how to apply for the program, visit the American Job Center at your local CT Department of Labor (in Hartford: 3580 Main Street).
- Third Party Tuition Authorization
If your organization is going to pay for a student’s class, a tuition authorization letter needs to be completed before the student can enroll in the course. Contact our Customer Service Center, 860-906-5130, for more information on tuition authorization letters.
- Veterans’ Benefits
Veterans may be able to get reimbursed for their program, if it has been approved by the CT Department of Veterans Affairs. Please contact Libby Daniels at 860-906-5123 for more information.
Career training certificates include:
- Administrative Medical Assistant w/CPR
- CNA Refresher
- Community Health Worker w/Mental Health First Aid
- EKG Technician
- Nurse Aide Certification (CNA)
- Patient Care Technician (PCT) w/CPR
- Pharmacy Technician
Capital also takes its programs on the road through our Capital on the Road program. They can bring one day or multi-day training programs to your organization. They hope you will consider taking advantage of their extensive offerings. They can even provide a complimentary needs assessment so a curriculum can be customized for your organization. No matter what the topic, their team of faculty and subject matter experts will develop a program that meets your organization’s needs.
For more information, please contact:
Alexis Johnson, Snap Outreach & Recruitment, School of Workforce & Continuing Education, Capital Community College
firstname.lastname@example.org , or (860) 906-5130.