Student Access & Equity During COVID-19
View the Student Access & Equity infographic below and download it here. [en español]
At Hartford Public Schools we care deeply about our students and families. We are grateful for the partnership and support of families during the transition to distance learning and for every family’s efforts to keep students engaged. Providing high-quality teaching and learning to our students during this challenging time has only been possible with the ongoing commitment and collaboration of our families and community partners.
Since we started distance learning on March 30, together, we have accomplished a great deal in a short period of time:
- We provided more than 1 million meals to students
- We distributed 11,000 devices
- We mailed over 10,000 learning packets to tech-free families
- Our staff connected to 99% of families
- Over 80% of students were active in distance learning each week
- We delivered nearly 700 communications to families, staff, and partners relating to COVID-19 since late January. That included website posts, social media, newsletters, press conferences, interviews, emails, phone calls, videos, and livestreamed town halls.
We’ve collected data demonstrating the tremendous work and efforts of our teachers and staff since schools closed in an infographic. You can view The Student Access & Equity infographic below and download it here. [en español]