Virtual STEAM Career Expo & Back to School Giveaway: 8/29/20
Urban League of Greater Hartford Young Professionals (ULGHYP) would like to invite you to join us for our fifth year of exposing our youth to careers in STEAM!
While we continue to develop long term strategies of taking action against Covid-19 impact in our community, racial and social injustices, and the socioeconomic divide, on August 29 from 11AM-5PM, we will address the importance of diversifying the STEAM arena. YP is excited to host our fifth year of educating and exposing our youth to careers in STEAM, and we would like to invite you to attend and/or participate in this day full of fun online activities and back to school giveaways.
Here is the website link https://hartfordypsteam2020.squarespace.com/ that includes registration, event details, and forms to submit interest in event participation.Empowered to Succeed_ WEB FLYER
Ways that your team can become a part of this great day:
- Virtual Volunteer: This will include tech support on event day (i.e., chat monitoring, presentation control, etc.)
- Host a STEAM related session: This can be a pre-recorded or live (20-30 min) session that engages the youth (PreK-12th Grade) to learn more about what careers in STEAM look like.
- Host a Virtual Booth: Whether outlining STEAM innovation, youth programming, and/or economic empowerment, the virtual booth gives you the opportunity to share important information with students and their parents about future success, potential careers, and also answer any questions that they might have.
- Back to School donations: We are still seeking donations for the back to school giveaway (i.e, backpacks, school supplies, PPE, and resources). If this is something that your team would be interested in, please reach out to Mr. Greg Bennett (email@example.com) and Ms. Kyrinda Richardson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss drop off options.
- Sponsorship: As we look towards our long-term goals of addressing the impact of Covid-19 in the black and brown communities, ongoing racial and social injustices, and the importance of educating our youth on changing the narrative of generational wealth, our mission is to connect with surrounding organizations and companies with the same vision. We are looking to establish funding to support the initiatives, but more importantly to stress the importance of “it takes a village” to enact change. Please refer to the website or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Feel free to respond to this email or contact email@example.com if you have questions and an YP Ambassador will connect with you.
We look forward to serving with you!
Yours in Service,
Community Outreach Committee
Urban League of Greater Hartford Young Professionals
140 Woodland Street
Hartford, CT 06105
Alternative Email: firstname.lastname@example.org