Workplace-learning Opportunities for our High School Juniors & Seniors
Bank of America – Now accepting applications for 2019 Student Leaders® program now through February 1, 2019
The Student Leaders® program provides students with:
- An eight-week, paid summer internship with a local nonprofit organization selected by Bank of America
- A week-long, all-expense paid Student Leaders Summit in Washington, D.C. from July 8-13, 2019
- Financial wellness programs and education, including meetings with Bank of America’s Better Money Habits® champions
- A dedicated mentor at Bank of America and the host organization of their internship
What are the eligibility requirements to be a Student Leader?
- Current high school junior and senior
- Hartford resident or student at a high school located in Hartford
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
- Must be able to work 35 hours per week for the entire eight week internship
- Must be able to attend the entire, all-expense paid Student Leaders Summit in Washington, D.C. in person from July 8-13, 2019
- Must complete all application requirements, including the online application, resume and letter of recommendation
- Cannot be an immediate family member of a Bank of America employee or member
What is the process and timing?
- The online application is open now through February 1, 2019. Please note, there will be no deadline exceptions
- Finalists will be interviewed in person in March/April 2019
- Selected Student Leaders will be notified in April 2019
- The eight-week internship will begin following the conclusion of the school year in June 2019
- The one-week leadership summit will take place in Washington, D.C. from July 8-13, 2019
Comcast NBCUniversal Launches 2019-2020 Scholarship Program for Community-Minded High School Seniors
Comcast NBCUniversal invites high school seniors to apply for the Comcast Leaders and Achievers® Scholarship Program. Comcast Leaders and Achievers are students who have been selected for their outstanding community service, academic performance, and leadership skills. The award, funded by the Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation, is a one-time, $2,500 scholarship to be used toward undergraduate education-related expenses.
High school seniors that meet the eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply for the Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship. If you wish to learn more about the program, please visit the application website athttps://www.scholarsapply.org/leadersandachievers. Please direct all email inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-537-4180. The application deadline is Friday, December 7, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Applicants to the Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program must:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to community service, outstanding qualities in character, integrity, and leadership
- Reside in one of the communities listed on the programwebsite
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2019-2020 academic year
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- Be enrolled as a high school senior
- Demonstrate financial need